Anyone else look at this stuff?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all AI bots gathering info..im sure every forum on any topic the powers to be want to know about have snitch bots recording all the info, user names and any other identifying features of users...and all the info will be used to build a data base for controlling us...aint tech a great thing?? there is no such thing as being anonymous online anymore...

Nothing like a reference source dealing with explosives and gun powder where you have to ” sort out the BS “. I have watched U tube gunsmithing videos a couple of times at the request of a fellow gunsmith. We both were absolutely stunned watching some 16 year old looking kid explaining a breakdown and trigger re-work on vintage military arm. There should be laws or some type of control to protect the unsuspecting public from such presentations. But apparently a camera and a imposter is all that’s required.
Rick

Nothing like a reference source dealing with explosives and gun powder where you have to ” sort out the BS “. I have watched U tube gunsmithing videos a couple of times at the request of a fellow gunsmith. We both were absolutely stunned watching some 16 year old looking kid explaining a breakdown and trigger re-work on vintage military arm. There should be laws or some type of control to protect the unsuspecting public from such presentations. But apparently a camera and a imposter is all that’s required.
Rick
I disagree. I dont believe we need another law to protect stupid people from themselves. Get them out of the gene pool.

Rick
I once saw an old codger (like me) do a U tube video of gunsmithing at the kitchen table. I thought it best to quit watching.

Michiganmuzzy I guess in your world for somebody to distribute a video to those looking for help ( “ stupid “ ) to pass off bad info that might hurt them is what, their problem ? I ran a gunsmithing shop for about eight years and I guess all my clients were stupid. Your one of the fortunate few that was born a natural gunsmith and loader not everybody is so lucky.

How about reloading manuals full of bad loading info? I guess the users with one eye and three fingers were just too stupid to know any better. I do agree though that we have enough laws more than anybody but an attorney will benefit from. But just maybe some controls or filters, like we have for altering car speedometers, could perhaps reduce the flood of egotistical so-called experts from filming and producing their own how to shows.
Rick

Michiganmuzzy I guess in your world for somebody to distribute a video to those looking for help ( “ stupid “ ) to pass off bad info that might hurt them is what, their problem ? I ran a gunsmithing shop for about eight years and I guess all my clients were stupid. Your one of the fortunate few that was born a natural gunsmith and loader not everybody is so lucky.

How about reloading manuals full of bad loading info? I guess the users with one eye and three fingers were just too stupid to know any better. I do agree though that we have enough laws more than anybody but an attorney will benefit from. But just maybe some controls or filters, like we have for altering car speedometers, could perhaps reduce the flood of egotistical so-called experts from filming and producing their own how to shows.
Rick
Im not saying we shouldnt look out for stupid people. But just that more laws isnt the answer.

Social media has made the whole world a more dangerous and stoopid place. Theres nearly 8 billion of us. If the DNR managed us there would be unlimited tags available on nearly every DMU(Dummy Management Unit)

I’m with you on your last comment and kinda of sorry for coming across so smart ass before. So I’ll tell you what you can buy me a drink and donate a pound of Unique to my powder shelf and we’ll call it even ;)
I’ll buy you a drink, but i only donate blood(and mine isn't unique at all). You would have to try really hard to hurt my feeling.

I’m in Michigan too so if we ever do cut tracks I’m buying the drinks you’re the real deal I suspect. Actually that’s the problem with this forum is just lousy with commonsensical real people and it throws me way off my game. Been hangin around too many other forums, except ASSRA and Cast Boolits, where you really have to make sure your pants are zipped up and the lights are before you jump in
Rick

I’m in Michigan too so if we ever do cut tracks I’m buying the drinks you’re the real deal I suspect. Actually that’s the problem with this forum is just lousy with commonsensical real people and it throws me way off my game. Been hangin around too many other forums, except ASSRA and Cast Boolits, where you really have to make sure your pants are zipped up and the lights are before you jump in
Rick
I like Cast Boolits, good forum. It is nice to have discussions and disagreements that dont end in name calling, although it does happen here too, sometimes. No one here really thinks or acts like they know everything. And the moderators arent bad. (although GM54-120 can be a bit grumpy sometimes he does know a ton about optics 🤣)

Latest posts

Back