A little scam heads-up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Ma has an app on her phone that lets us know what we are receiving each day in the mail, including packages. Since we have several family members that are out of town or out of state we have been careful to tell them to let us know if they have sent a package along with the tracking info so we can be sure to be home to collect it. Already this Christmas season we have had four notices that a package is coming for one of us when nobody in the family has said they have sent something. We can check to see the information regarding the pack and in all four instances there's been the need for us to forward personal information to the postal service in order to get whatever package is supposed to be arriving. The postal service does not require such stuff. These friggin scammers are getting bad. First it was porch pirates robbing you of packages at Christmas, now scammers in on mail delivery. I'm beginning to wish we had an open season on these pricks.

Yeah, my wife has rhe same app which is helpful to know when meds and other stuff are coming but frustrating when the item on the app doesn't show up for days or in some cases weeks due to USPS issues. Been getting those damn emails for a while and just hit delete most times but when you've actually ordered something from the company those emails make you think twice. Mr. Tom is right, USPS or the other carriers never need the information they are trying to scam us out of. I agree open season!

I get the same type of scam in my text messages once in a while. I get an incoming mail digest email from the USPS every day. This is not a scam, but it is often inaccurate.

Just think of the background data collection involved in determining what pieces of mail are headed your way....our government is tracking us soooo many ways we don't even think of.

Latest posts

Back