Anyone else look at this stuff?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stunt would earn me a sever trashing by Ma, Shorty. That ranks right up there with a couple brothers I knew that stole a couple be hives during the dead of winter and decided to thaw them in the basement. When those wintering bees hit the warm air they did a great job of checking out their new digs from the basement to the attic. Those two fools were not popular people for a while.

This is how a northern redneck thaws his deer out !! LolView attachment 40717
My oldest boy killed his first deer when he was a junior at University of Idaho. A wannabe girlfriend helped him drag it up to his 2d floor apartment, and then helped him butcher it in the living room. I told him he'd better hang onto that girl....

Seriously, the list of people and robots who are on this site is really interesting, and thanks to michiganmuzzy for posting it. A few thoughts:

1. It seems that more guests than members look at just about everything that each of us posts. I'm glad that there are so many guests, but when writing or reading posts that involve technical information or hunting/shooting/commercial/etc ethics, it's important to remember that the level of experience and knowledge of readers will range from zilch to bona fide expert, and to write our own posts or speak up in reaction to the posts of others accordingly.

2. I'm guessing that most of the bots are monitoring for commercial purposes so they can target their advertising. But it's also certain that Government, political organizations of all stripes, non-profits of all stripes, and many others are monitoring for more nefarious reasons: Yesterday I read an article in which members of the U.S. House of Representatives investigation into weaponization of government have discovered that for at least the last three years the U.S. Department of the Treasury has been monitoring and recording all financial transactions involving purchases of Bibles, purchases at Cabela's, and purchases at Dick's Sporting Goods, and is flagging all communications involving terms like MAGA, election fraud, and so forth. I suspect that's just the tip of a truly vast Government surveillance iceburg. So Big Brother is watching all of us VERY closely, making lists, checking them twice, and then deciding who's naughty and nice..... If they aren't doing it already, the next step will be using that information to decide who gets audited by the IRS, which individuals and businesses get audited for regulatory compliance of all kinds and what measures will be taken when discrepancies are discovered, etc. Chilling, to say the least, and I'm sure that's the intent. Having said that, I'm not sure there's anything that any of us can do about it.

3. It's hard for me to imagine ANY sphere of human activity which government won't immediately hamper and eventually destroy... and I write that as a guy who spent most of his career in the Army, leading science research projects in government labs, and playing Federal bureaucracy politics to keep the research projects I led funded. So as disgusting as it is to see things like amateur gunsmiths making YouTube videos and complete idiots publishing loading data online, I tend to come down on the side of letting nature take its course: It's better to let a few idiots who are too stupid to do some serious research when they're dabbling with something dangerous take themselves out of the gene pool than to let government or heavy-handed organizational censorship of some kind destroy whole areas of activity. Having said that, though, I do think it's important for knowledgeable people to speak up - through comments, responses, etc. - when they see somebody advocating or normalizing things that are dangerous or unethical.

Back