Anyone ever heard of this pistol builder?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's stamped on the lock plate? I can't make out the writing on my phone. Post your question over on The Muzzleloading Forum, in the Handguns section of the forum. Far more people over there familiar with contemporary builders, even going back 40 years.

The hammer has an elegant shape to it. Have you removed the lock? If there is a makers name stamped on the inside of the lock plate, that might give a clue to its age, and who the builder might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's stamped on the lock plate? I can't make out the writing on my phone. Post your question over on The Muzzleloading Forum, in the Handguns section of the forum. Far more people over there familiar with contemporary builders, even going back 40 years.

The hammer has an elegant shape to it. Have you removed the lock? If there is a makers name stamped on the inside of the lock plate, that might give a clue to its age, and who the builder might be.
B.W.R. on the lock, nothing on the inside. Most likely the makers initials. Also, there's no fly on the tumbler.

Have you shot it at all?
No I haven't, just got it Monday the 16th and we have a severe wildfire danger at this time and no range available. I think it's supposed to rain Sat. and cool off for Sun, so I'll be getting out with it soon along with a few others.

No I haven't, just got it Monday the 16th and we have a severe wildfire danger at this time and no range available. I think it's supposed to rain Sat. and cool off for Sun, so I'll be getting out with it soon along with a few others.
Looks like a nice beefy stock.
I have an old CVA mountain pistol in 50 caliber. Shoots really well with a .490 ball and .015 cotton patch. Usually run about 35 grains of 3f Swiss.
Last time out with it, I tried a few shots with the Hornady PA conicals and 45 grains of 3f.
Excellent accuracy, not much kick either. I might up the charge to 50 grains next time.

Latest posts

Back