Apology

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
I believe I opened up a bees nest :( I do not know any of you personally, just a small bit about your character from reading your post. My love for the shooting sports is as old as I from manager of the worlds largest skeet and trap club to a member of the five man international sheet team,but my desire for hunting has always come first. I have been muzzleloading hunting for as long as I can remember shooting about every thing I can get my hands on. Because of this forum and you people the savage is now my gun of choice. I have learned so much valuable information from you all. I brought up some questions about VV-120 knowing I should not have, so I sincerly apologise to Pat and anyone else. Being a newbie to this forum I do not have access to the advanced forum so I was just seeking some advice. (SORRY) Quit the fighting, you all have great inputs to this great savage. Bob

Very kind & thoughtful post Bob. I was a Sr. Mod here but have since Retired. I am currently a Mod on very busy & challenging Board.

Threads like yours are many times innocently posted & evolve into something that never was intended. That Thread is a classic example. Nothing to do whatsoever to your origin post with no fault at all directed toward you per my read. You will see things like that happen all the time if your around these Boards....certainly not just this one!

Glad you got your 10 ML-II !!! There is a wealth of good ML experience here with plenty of room for all to share plus learn.

Bub said:
I believe I opened up a bees nest :( I do not know any of you personally, just a small bit about your character from reading your post. My love for the shooting sports is as old as I from manager of the worlds largest skeet and trap club to a member of the five man international sheet team,but my desire for hunting has always come first. I have been muzzleloading hunting for as long as I can remember shooting about every thing I can get my hands on. Because of this forum and you people the savage is now my gun of choice. I have learned so much valuable information from you all. I brought up some questions about VV-120 knowing I should not have, so I sincerly apologise to Pat and anyone else. Being a newbie to this forum I do not have access to the advanced forum so I was just seeking some advice. (SORRY) Quit the fighting, you all have great inputs to this great savage. Bob

You don't owe me an apology. You posted about a genuine issue and both sides in the VV-120 debate posted their views. Some love the powder and some have never used it and stick with what they like. There's nothing wrong with doing either. It'd be like a Black Mag user criticizing a Pyrodex user for sticking with what works. The Black Mag user may think his powder's the cat's meow while the other guy has heard things about it and doesn't want to chance problems. Who's right? Who cares. If you have issues with a powder based on what you read then fine. Some people love their powder way too much. The same thing happens with guns, bullets, scopes, etc. I'm a Triple Seven user so I could care less about either powder. That's kinda my attitude about this whole debate. Use what you like and don't criticize someone because they don't like your powder.

So like I said you owe me no apology.

And, the only reason we restrict non-recomended powders to the Advanced forum is for liability reasons. I have disclaimers but you can never be too cautious.

Latest posts

Back