Arkansas air is more accurate

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Had a chance today to shoot a little bit just plinking 3 inches of snow slowly melting on the ground and a beautiful blue sky this is Northern precisions 400 grain, I don't know if he has it on his website yet ,you've heard me crowing about it here in the past , Hankins plug ,begara clone action, Remington 700 footprint this is 84 grains by weight no tweaking the load just loading and shooting you'll see two bullets in the group down on the left I had to die way too loose I tightened it up a little bit and put five bullets in a glob. 18 twist brux barrel.

Attachments

• 20230126_152255.jpg
    20230126_152255.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Yes , 84 grains of Black Horn by weight I think it's a load is tweaked just a little bit it may shoot a hole not bad for a 400 grain bullet lots of potential there both as a Target bullet and I think in a elk shoulder

The first two bullets on the bottom left were so loose I walked outside with the rifle pointed up in the air and gently laid it down in the rest

It's a number 17 brux,,rifle weighs around 14 lbs,with baffle brake is fine,,I do need to tweak load and as weather allows ck velocity,,it's coming,, it sure looks like with a little tweaking that will be a one whole bullet I really think blackhorn shines with big heavy bullets .

Had a chance today to shoot a little bit just plinking 3 inches of snow slowly melting on the ground and a beautiful blue sky this is Northern precisions 400 grain, I don't know if he has it on his website yet ,you've heard me crowing about it here in the past , Hankins plug ,begara clone action, Remington 700 footprint this is 84 grains by weight no tweaking the load just loading and shooting you'll see two bullets in the group down on the left I had to die way too loose I tightened it up a little bit and put five bullets in a glob. 18 twist brux barrel.
Man you wasn't kiddin when you said they stacked in a hole brother. Nice shooting
It's a number 17 brux,,rifle weighs around 14 lbs,with baffle brake is fine,,I do need to tweak load and as weather allows ck velocity,,it's coming,, it sure looks like with a little tweaking that will be a one whole bullet I really think blackhorn shines with big heavy bullets .
Thats a nice benchrest shooter for sure.

The first two bullets on the bottom left were so loose I walked outside with the rifle pointed up in the air and gently laid it down in the rest
Dang, thats how the Parker bullets I got sized to .4525 fit in my Paramount barrel. But they didn't group nearly that well. I've ever shot a jacketed 400gr bullet before. That baffle brake must be doin a good job

I swear my guns shoot better at the cabin than at the range. Must be the air.

Nice shooting MM.

Thanks, easy load to shoot,,in a heavy gun,,,like to shoot it in a 8lb rifle,,,with a brake that barrel is one of the better brux I have shot,,,,250-400 gr bullets all shoot ,,pretty cool

Well, Mr. Monkey.... I shoot at thre range as early as I can and when others start to show up and start dressing the station next to me I pack it up. The pistol range is maybe 100 yards away from the rifle benches and I don't mind people over there. But I do not care to have a neighbor near me when I am doing the rifles. It's not that I don't trust others, its that I do not like the distraction.. What really blows my whistle is when some dolt no-member shows up with a carload of kids and they're farting around all over making noise and I've even seen them walk out in front of the benches when people are actually aiming down range!

When I was a child I guess seven or eight years old my older brother oldest brother had been hunting with my dad 12 gauges and buckshot another brother that's 2 years older than me picked up one of the shotguns when they came in the house and was messing with it my dad asked my brother that had been hunting with him if that gun was unloaded he said yes so my dad let the other brother play with the gun for a moment he picked it up and aimed it toward me across the room and pulled the trigger and it went off my mama was sitting about 3 ft from in a rocking chair The Buckshot pattern missed my chest by about 3 in it's had a lasting effect upon me my whole life much as I love guns I'm scared of people and guns very few people I want to shoot around and I have to admit a range is hard place for me to relax and shoot sometimes a match is really difficult if someone at the match is handling his rifle like a moron you'd be surprised sometimes what you see

Latest posts

Back