Austin Halleck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
My brother found a Austin Halleck muzz for sale that I guess was made by Ithaca.for a short while .are these good guns ,, guy whants 250 ,it is a friend of his who has it .

I don’t know anything about them, but at that price, I’d buy it just to try it. I’ve gambled a lot more than that buying a gun I didn’t know about.

They were great guns with slow twist round ball barrels. The furniture on the rifles I have seen is very good. I had one in .50 as a flint lock. Wish I still had it. On the used market they are going for $700+. If the gun was made in Missouri, they are of later manufacture and the wood to metal fit was not as good as the earlier models. Regardless, at that price i would snap it up. You know, I just realized that I didn't ask if this was a slide lock gun or one of their in-lines. I know nothing about the in-lines.

Yes this is a side lock.and has a very good curly striped stock.. and also I did some research on old posts and got the whole story on the gun and manufactures , I will get to see the gun in person when my dear twin brother moves back in pa. In the spring from Atlanta area. Thanks guys.

Back