Back from New Mexico with an Elk !!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYBOB

Reaction score
I got him! I Took a 6x6 bull that measures 342 2/8 inches according to the taxidermist that has him out there. Also called in a coyote and took him after the bull was in the cooler. I was hunting with a guy who has a local (New Mexico and surrounding states) TV show called "Hunting The Southwest" I'm going to be next Saturday's program! For those of you who like the specifics here goes.

105 yards, 300 gr. SST, 2250 fps. 65 grains 4198, 1 1/2 in hole going in and 2 1/2 -3 inch hole going out. Traveled 31 yards after the hit , 30 to the right and 1 straight down. Bullet performance was flawless! Saw 3 other bulls, one larger two smaller and tons of cows and calves. The largest one made me cry like a baby when I could get no closer than 350 yards. Sorry, gotta run and turn the elk steaks on the grill. What a TRIP !!!!!

6X6Elk.jpg

Coyote.jpg

InHole.jpg

Awesome bull with the ML Bob!!! Looks great, thanks for the pics.

Congratulations Bob!!! :partyman: Beautiful bull and exceptional bullet performance!!! :applause:

Excellent, EXCELLENT Bob! You're making me jealous! It's been a while since I've shot an elk!

Looks as if that 300gr SST did a SUPER job! Can't anyone argue with performance like THAT!

Great job Bob and thanks for the report!

Bob,

Great news and congrats on dinner! Man, I gotta to do that some day!

Looks like you had a great time!

JJ

Congratulations on the great bull. I hope I have that kind of luck in two weeks when I head to Colorado or Elk and Mule deer.

nice bull, I think that bull looks bigger than a 342 to me, after looking again, the mass on the 3rd splits is prolly what kept it from going much higher, nice bull I would give my left nut for that

Very nice!

Wonder if he could send you/or post some clips of that show so we could see a bit of the action?

Underclocked said:
Very nice!

Wonder if he could send you/or post some clips of that show so we could see a bit of the action?

I'm supposed to get the whole show (with commercials ) on a VHS tape from him (snail mail). He is busy so it could be a while. I am suffering with a dreadfully slow dial up connection here at home, so I wouldn't try to post it. I can post .jpegs no problem but am not technically savy enough to do video capture from a tape. I was able to make a mpeg after the shot but not the kill scene. He caught the impact of the bullet, bugeling, cows scattering etc.

Way to go Bob! Your right about elk being fine eating. I only like moose better.

Congrats on that great trophy elk NY Bob!!!

Also, nice yote there!

Congrats on the Elk Bob!!!!!!!
Very nice trophy.

Latest posts

Back