Back into it !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev59

Reaction score
Hi , Im from Illinois and an avid hunter and fisherman . Im 64 yrs old and bought Knights new original disc muzzleloader when it was first advertised . I killed a great buck with it and got married that following year . I began fishing 3 different tournaments and slowly drifted away from my Knight . I raised 3 boys and have 6 grandkids and got my muzzleloader tag for Illinois just last week . Very excited bout it and alot of things have changed in the years . I was wondering if there was a new 50 cal bullet out there that is being used and liked very much for my Knight disc. At my age now i was thinking about trying a 45/50 with 100 gn pyrodex pellets . Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks .

Welcome back. There are more expensive bullets out there but you'd be hard pressed to beat a 290 gr Barnes TEZ or a 300 gr Hornady XTP .452" with a Harvester black crush rib sabot.
Great advice here! I have been shooting the XTP .452 for several years with great results.

Welcome back. There are more expensive bullets out there but you'd be hard pressed to beat a 290 gr Barnes TEZ or a 300 gr Hornady XTP .452" with a Harvester black crush rib sabot.
Thank you very much i will definately give it a try . Sounds great !

Latest posts

Back