Bad heart….

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
This is what happens when a 250 grain XPB meets a heart at 25 yards.

We’ve had wild weather here today and about 1 PM when the radar was showing little in the way of rain I hightailed it for the mountain top that I hunt on. About 2:45 a fawn came in to the water hole and hung around after drinking. She all at once perked up and locked a stare down a trail behind me…. Upwind for a change. I slowly peek around the corner and these stood a large doe. Larger than the one I took on opener. She was reluctant to come any further and turned like she was going to scram, but she stood and checked things out just a second too long. The Accura spoke and after a 20 yard trot she dropped….. right in the damnedest tangle I have ever had a deer in. Tagged out for now so I can call my season a success. Maybe pick up my last bonus tag to hunt with the nephew this weekend.

Attachments

• 0784EAD7-EC7C-4972-B33E-5E4C6142C99A.jpeg
    0784EAD7-EC7C-4972-B33E-5E4C6142C99A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
My middle daughter(32yrs old last June), took a fawn with a 6.8 x 43mm that she built during the
summer prior to her freshman year of HS. I asked her why she didn't take the beautiful large doe, 30 yards closer.
I explained that I didn't have the time to butcher any deer that day but would drop it off at our favorite
red meat butcher and have everything vacuum sealed. I added that the butcher charges the same regardless of size.
She looked me with her stunning, crooked smile and said, "Veal, old man. I shot you some veal."
P1010012.jpg

This is what happens when a 250 grain XPB meets a heart at 25 yards.

We’ve had wild weather here today and about 1 PM when the radar was showing little in the way of rain I hightailed it for the mountain top that I hunt on. About 2:45 a fawn came in to the water hole and hung around after drinking. She all at once perked up and locked a stare down a trail behind me…. Upwind for a change. I slowly peek around the corner and these stood a large doe. Larger than the one I took on opener. She was reluctant to come any further and turned like she was going to scram, but she stood and checked things out just a second too long. The Accura spoke and after a 20 yard trot she dropped….. right in the damnedest tangle I have ever had a deer in. Tagged out for now so I can call my season a success. Maybe pick up my last bonus tag to hunt with the nephew this weekend.
@MrTom Congratulations sir…!

Back