Bad Luck Elk !!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
A friend e-mailed me this photo .

Must of been rubbing his antlers just a little to hard on that tree !! :wink:

UnluckyElk.jpg

:shock: thats pretty darn bad. Sure will open my eyes up the next time i go walking under one of those dead pines.

What a shame... the elk never knew what hit it...

I backpacked into a area in northern California. One windy evening i was woken up by a popping sound and a loud crash , when i poked my head out the tint , a dead tree 5' from my tent had fallen . :shock: Luckily away from my tent . I never set a tent up near dead trees anymore !!

I had a tree stand up in a old popular tree one year and was sitting in it. The wind was picking up and I was getting sea sick up there, so I climbed out and went home. Came back the next day to bow hunt, and the top of the tree was gone.. It fell right next to the stand but I think would have still missed me had I been in the tree. It did not take me long to change trees...

I saw a picture like that once but it was of a beaver. Got hit by the tree it cut down. I guess in it's case and the elks, their time was up :?

Back