Unique whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Little spike buck. Had him around last year as a fawn and this is his first set of antlers. My daughter has forbidden me from taking him no matter how big he gets if he survives the season. He hangs out close to his twin sister from last year and his mom and brothers, twin buck fawns of this season. Good luck to him...

Attachments

• 20230930_191453.jpg
    20230930_191453.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Piebald deer. That is soo cool. Very lucky to see such a thing. I hope he spreads his genes around. That's a very rare occurrence.

Check your state laws. Some states protect albino and piebald deer. Fyi
Florida don't care about nothing but the horn restrictions. My area is 3 points on one side or main beam over 10 inches. Youth hunters can shoot any antlered deer over 5 inches long.

That’s a nice deer. I’ve seen my share of piebald through the years. I actually killed 2 bucks the same year, 1 with bow 1 with gun. The next year was the first year in my life since hunting that I didn’t harvest a deer. Bad Ju Ju or whatever I won’t shoot another.

An albino deer use to hang around our house and finally got her photo in the paper. I've seen quite a few piebald deer while hunting in my native Georgia and would never shoot one and certainly didn't. There were too many "normal" whitetails and I got as many as 9 one season. I find them both beautiful.

Piebald deer. That is soo cool. Very lucky to see such a thing. I hope he spreads his genes around. That's a very rare occurrence.

Check your state laws. Some states protect albino and piebald deer. Fyi
I thought that this was interesting to read about piebalds. I've been fortunate enough to have seen 3 in Md. & an all while 12 point buck in a pen in St Marys co. Md. I've never shot one though. I wouldn't hesitate at all putting one down. I was always told that piebalds were caused by repettitive inbreeding, which led to genetic mutations in them, and to shoot them on sight. I've seen one in three diff counties, neither time was I hunting.
https://deerassociation.com/look-inside-piebald-deer/

Back