Barnes 250 TMZ Knight EZ Load Blue Sabot DEER BULLET?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Anyone shot these and had any experience?

How do the barnes bullets do for deer hunting? Would you shoot a deer in the shoulder with these bullets?

In your opinion what is the best performing hunting bullet/sabot for deer you have seen?

Ready to get the lead sled out and shoot my new genesis!!!

I don't believe there is a better white tail bullet. Barnes solid copper bullets expand well at low velocities and hold together at high velocities. They break bones and keep on going. They usually shoot very accurately in most guns. Expensive though.

T.

I shoot alot of differant bullets in the off season, But I only Hunt with the Barns they are IMO one of the best bullets for deer, elk, bear and so on . I have taken many deer with this bullet and none have ever went over 15 - 20yds most were BoomFlops. they are very expencive but well worth it IMO.

Ron

Ditto what the other guys said!! I've had 100% good luck with the barnes bullets. I shot 2 of my biggest bucks with them and they've always performed as advertised. They're not cheap, but I'm not looking for cheap when I'm hunting. I use the eze load sabots with 250gr bt bullets over 100gr 777 in my omega. They shoot more accurate than anything I've tried. Yes I would and have shot a deer in the shoulder with these bullets.

First off whitetails are not hard to kill. I would stick with the most accurate bullet than worry about the design when shot at typical ML velocities (under 2100 fps). When you get up to the smokeless speeds the bullet will need to be stouter to get good penetration. But I have not seen a whitetail or mule deer that requires a Barnes bullet. If they shoot good for you, and give you confidence, sure why not.

Pure lead bullets will kill deer just as dead as the all copper bullets, at typical velocities.

took a doe during the early doe season with a .290 TMZ sat. afternoon, shoulder shot, 86 yards. she ran about 20 yards with a blood trail ray charles could follow. i shoot all summer with speer gold dots for the price then hunt with the barnes. yeah expensive, but all the work i put into hunting when i finally get a shot i want the best bullet out there that will pretty much always give me a pass threw (even through the shoulders) so theres a blood trail to follow.

Latest posts

Back