Barnes expanders tight is this normal?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby5

Reaction score
I just bought some Barnes 250 grain expanders 50 cal for my t/c omega. They seem a lot tighter than my other bullets and shot way lower than the other brand 250 grains. There accurate I was just curious if it was normal for them to be so tight when loading?
thanks

I think the 250gr and 300gr Expander come with MMP HPH-12 sabots. Those are larger loaded OD than the sabots that come with TEZs. The TEZ sabot is a MMP HPH-24.

Ok thanks thanks so it’s normal to be tight ? I’m ok with it just wondering if I’m not doing anything wrong lol. I wonder why there different size sabots ?

I would but I sighted it in with these. I don’t mind that there hard I was just wondering if it hurt anything or affected velocity?

I have friends with T/C M-L’s, in my experience their bores are a tad tighter than average. I know they are tighter than my Knights. Yes, as posted above, swap in a more forgiving sabot.

Barnes makes their muzzleloader bullets with two different sabots: the TMZ (yellow sabot) and T-EZ (blue sabot). If they shoot fine for you, then there's nothing to worry about. However, I had bad accuracy problems with the TMZ and really had a hard time loading them. The T-EZ bullets shoot GREAT for me though and are much easier to load.

Back