Barnes Sabot's ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampFox

Reaction score
Hi guy's i got a question on Barnes Sabot's.I order some Barnes 50 cal.bullets/sabot's from Midsouth Shooter's Supply.I guess i should have call them first before i place my order,but i did it over the net.
My question is what kind of sabot come's with them.The EZ load sabot or the Regular sabot??.Below are the bullets i order
from midsoth shooters supply

BARNES BULLETS 50 CAL .451DIA 250 GR TMZ BULLET W/ SABOTS 24/BOX

PS: i am hopeing they are the Regular Sabots,anybody here know which sabot they come with??

Your barnes bullets will come with a sabot designed for the boattail design of the Barnes bullet. MMP makes and supplies this sabot to Barnes and due to the fact that with-out the "specifically supplied" sabot the bullet will likely "yaw" going down the barrel and accuracy will suffer.

Chocdog

Thanks chock-dog
I am glad they will be coming then with the right sabot and thanks again.I have been worrying if they were these EZ Load sabot that so many are haveing accuracy problems with
choc-dog said:
Your barnes bullets will come with a sabot designed for the boattail design of the Barnes bullet. MMP makes and supplies this sabot to Barnes and due to the fact that with-out the "specifically supplied" sabot the bullet will likely "yaw" going down the barrel and accuracy will suffer.

Chocdog

i wouldn't worry even if they come with the EZ load. i shoot the .290 tmz and switched to the ez load and the accuracy i think might be even a little better(1.5-2" groups 100 yards). plus i don't need to hang on the top of the ramrod to load them anymore.

Thats great 03mossy.Thanks for that info :D
03mossy said:
i wouldn't worry even if they come with the EZ load. i shoot the .290 tmz and switched to the ez load and the accuracy i think might be even a little better(1.5-2" groups 100 yards). plus i don't need to hang on the top of the ramrod to load them anymore.

So can you order the "regular" sabot from MMP? If so which one is it? I bought the "EZ load" and accuarcy is horrible in my gun, the sabot is so loose it skips the rifling on the way down, way too loose in my opinion.

Back