My Accura shreds Barnes TEZ sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would Kroil do the job? I clean my modern firearms that I've shot cast lead bullets with a swab of Kroil that I allow to set for a few minutes. Then wrap a few strands of all copper Chore Boy around the proper size jag. It cleans lead out.
Might work with plastic.
I use Kroil and let it soak for a while prior to using JBs.

No pain no gain ha-ha. I still want to know about Shaver's barrel cleaning method.
Just hope no one’s around you while you do this because you are creating a pipe bomb.

The Accura is rated for 150 grains of regular substitute max. BH209 has more energy than regular substitute.

If I was at the range and the guy next to me was doing this I would get the heck out of there.

I have been cleaning all morning, mopping with acetone, letting it sit, then wire brushing. This is after a serious JB session. Patches are still coming out black. Hard to comprehend, when regular cleaning patches, post range day. were coming out spotless.

Thank you! There are certain men that stand out.....Lee Shaver is one of them. Lee worked over two of my Browning 1885 triggers and took the time explain a few things about them
I am getting real tired of the acetone procedure, so maybe if the barrel was a little smoother I won't have to deal with shredded sabots going forward. Thanks Idaho (You probably know my old boss and buddy Bob in St. Maries....say hello).

Please post a picture of what your barrel looks like now after all this cleaning.
Yeah, I’m curious as well. If you have one, use a right angle mirror on your Teslong so we can actually see the bore.

Sounds like you had a bunch of carbon build up and perhaps some plastic.

Here is some Teslong stuff 2 pics (2 90 degree and one full bore) I see a little improvement, but if you look close, there seems to be a bit of something in the grooves. I have used the acetone swap and brush at least 20 times and still getting black patches, though not as bad.

Attachments

• WIN_20230903_15_01_47_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230903_15_01_47_Pro.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20230903_15_02_33_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230903_15_02_33_Pro.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20230903_14_51_22_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230903_14_51_22_Pro.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back