Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean schwarzenbach

Reaction score
Did green mtn make a barrel in 54 cal flint lock fer a tc renagade? (Drop in) lookin fer one if they did! Thanks and would it have a fast rate twist? Thanks

I know they made both Slow and Fast Twist .54 Cal “Drop in” Barrels for TC in Percussion, And i think they did offer a Flintlock .54 as well, but i am not 100% on that? If so, I’m sure it would have been a Slow Roundball Twist.
They did offer Flintlock Barrels in .45 and .50, they were Roundball Twist (1:70) 32” Long. The fast Twist .54 is Percussion, And called an LRH (Which stands for “Long Range Hunter”) 28” long, 1:28 Twist. To this Day i am the only one I know for Sure that has one of these :) It’s one of my “Treasured Finds” I spent a Few years DILIGENTLY Digging to find this one, I got SUPER Lucky, it was Brand new unfired, An Estate sale deal. GM couldn’t of made many of these Fast Twist (LRH) .54s or More of them would Show up on Forums, Ebay, Etc. You NEVER see, or hear of them, unless it’s my Old Posts.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/pdfs/catalog/page_205.pdf

Last edited:
I would like to find one of those .54 faster twist GM barrels someday.

That was a TOUGH find for me, Probably because i wanted one so bad :) The Funny part about the Whole deal, I rarely Shoot it. But I wouldn’t sell it for 10 Times what i paid for it. The .54 LRH Barrels are EXTREMELY Rare

I don't believe I ever seen any of the LRH barrels offered in flintlock. None of the literature I have show the 54 caliber RB barrels in flintlock but that doesn't mean they never made them. Of course with the proper tools the percussion breech plug could be swapped out with a flintlock one.

I know they made both Slow and Fast Twist .54 Cal “Drop in” Barrels for TC in Percussion, And i think they did offer a Flintlock .54 as well, but i am not 100% on that? If so, I’m sure it would have been a Slow Roundball Twist.
They did offer Flintlock Barrels in .45 and .50, they were Roundball Twist (1:70) 32” Long. The fast Twist .54 is Percussion, And called an LRH (Which stands for “Long Range Hunter”) 28” long, 1:28 Twist. To this Day i am the only one I know for Sure that has one of these :) It’s one of my “Treasured Finds” I spent a Few years DILIGENTLY Digging to find this one, I got SUPER Lucky, it was Brand new unfired, An Estate sale deal. GM couldn’t of made many of these Fast Twist (LRH) .54s or More of them would Show up on Forums, Ebay, Etc. You NEVER see, or hear of them, unless it’s my Old Posts.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/pdfs/catalog/page_205.pdf
Ok thanks, I’ve a tc renagade in 54 like I said ( stock barrel) early one I think ( no warning) on it, I’m guessing it’s 1-48 twist it’s shooting well with no excuses 535 grn bullet, but was wondering if ther was something with a faster twist rate that would make it even better? I’m using wads ( 54-56) 90 of 2-x (goex) with peep sites an a globe, trying to get proficient with it, love shooting it , we’ve a late muzzle loader season here in PA ( flint only) so I’m trying to get spot on! Thanks though for the info!

Ok thanks, I’ve a tc renagade in 54 like I said ( stock barrel) early one I think ( no warning) on it, I’m guessing it’s 1-48 twist it’s shooting well with no excuses 535 grn bullet, but was wondering if ther was something with a faster twist rate that would make it even better? I’m using wads ( 54-56) 90 of 2-x (goex) with peep sites an a globe, trying to get proficient with it, love shooting it , we’ve a late muzzle loader season here in PA ( flint only) so I’m trying to get spot on! Thanks though for the info!
An ps- my gun is a 54 flint! What a pisser to shoot! Love the ol smoke pole!

I have seen them before :lewis: In fact i just recently seen a Brand New unfired .54 Cal TC Renegade flintlock, it was on Gunbroker i believe? Sorta like the Green Mountain Barrels, they are stil out there, just have to look. But My bet is you could grow a REALLY Long Beard before finding a Green Mountain .54 Cal LRH Barrel, unless you are an EXTREMELY lucky fella. Mine is DEFINITELY one of my PRIZED Possessions, It was the most difficult item i have found since being in the Muzzleloading Hobby, And like i said above, This is the ONLY one i have Ever seen

Here is a peak at mine, So you know they DID Make them :lewis:
jnbW3s5.jpg

They Shoot well to :lewis:
i70MIm8.jpg

That was a TOUGH find for me, Probably because i wanted one so bad :) The Funny part about the Whole deal, I rarely Shoot it. But I wouldn’t sell it for 10 Times what i paid for it. The .54 LRH Barrels are EXTREMELY Rare
Bummer!
I have seen them before :lewis: In fact i just recently seen a Brand New unfired .54 Cal TC Renegade flintlock, it was on Gunbroker i believe? Sorta like the Green Mountain Barrels, they are stil out there, just have to look. But My bet is you could grow a REALLY Long Beard before finding a Green Mountain .54 Cal LRH Barrel, unless you are an EXTREMELY lucky fella. Mine is DEFINITELY one of my PRIZED Possessions, It was the most difficult item i have found since being in the Muzzleloading Hobby, And like i said above, This is the ONLY one i have Ever seen

Here is a peak at mine, So you know they DID Make them :lewis:
jnbW3s5.jpg

They Shoot well to :lewis:
i70MIm8.jpg

wow doing that in paper patch!😎im going to have to try that! Nice holin!

And that’s 1-28 twist? Sweet

Yep, 1:28 Twist.

Green Mountain LRH Fast twist Barrels are as Follows (i wish they had went 1:20 With their 45s, But they Didn’t! :))

.45 Cal LRH 1:30 Twist
.50 Cal LRH 1:28 Twist
.54 Cal LRH 1:28 Twist

Latest posts

Back