Bedding a Knight muzzleloader stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Knight mountaineer was converted to a 45 cal brux sml about 5 years ago.It shoots remarkably well.But I have read numerous times where a person beds a stock on their gun and it really helps.I am curious to know how this helps and what is the process to do this?I know a lot of guys use different steps in doing this.I was hoping some one could list the steps and product so that an old marine could understand this without screwing things up.Our muzzleloader season starts in Dec.so I would like to see about doing this before then.Thanks in advance.

Its a little and lengthy and difficult to explain.

Go to you tube and do a search for glass bedding a rifle. Not sure there would be a difference between MZ or CF.

Hope that will help

I use plumbers putty to fill in areas I don't want the bedding material to go and clear shoe polish as a release agent. Both have worked well. Look carefully at the areas you want to bed so you don't lock the barreled action to the stock. I've done Remington 700ML stocks but haven't had a chance to bed my Disc Elite stock. It's very rewarding when you pull the barreled action out of the stock for the first time after the bedding process:cool:

My Knight mountaineer was converted to a 45 cal brux sml about 5 years ago.It shoots remarkably well.But I have read numerous times where a person beds a stock on their gun and it really helps.I am curious to know how this helps and what is the process to do this?I know a lot of guys use different steps in doing this.I was hoping some one could list the steps and product so that an old marine could understand this without screwing things up.Our muzzleloader season starts in Dec.so I would like to see about doing this before then.Thanks in advance.
Just curious, wondering how the conversion was done and who did it ?

Checked out some you tube videos for bedding a gun stock and it looks like it would take too much time and meticulous work.I do not think I would have the patience to do all that.They were intersting to watch but I may have to pass on this.

ECC809FF-EB40-414C-B4C5-FC783C467A27.jpeg
These images are from another member and his results. He inserted a screw inside the arrow shaft for the ram rod to screw into so it won’t rattle. He stated that accuracy was improved. This was done with JB Weld. I will be attempting this soon on my wife’s Knight Disc Elite.

Attachments

• 5B8435EE-C8D2-4FF9-89E1-9F06473F1043.jpeg
    5B8435EE-C8D2-4FF9-89E1-9F06473F1043.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2
I've bedded a lot of rifles. My advice is Johnson paste wax for release on everything that might get bedding on it. Use plumbers putty to plus the holes preventing mechanical locks. Keep 50 q tips and some diesel, kero or wd40 handy to dip the qtip.....this is the secret weapon for clean-up. I personally use devcon 10110....but jb weld (not the quick) will be plenty serviceable.

Give it plenty of time to set-up.

Bedding can help is your gun is not shooting well most of the white rifles need bedding due to the poor action to stock fitment. Knights are usually very good fit. But it a nutshell if the action is sliding back and forth in the stock shot to shot accuracy can be very bad so you use glass bedding or other materials to basicly tighten it up to prevent movement. If your gun shoots well don't mess with it !!

Latest posts

Back