Bedding a S91 laminate stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought the materials to bed a couple S91's that I have. Looking for pros and cons of bedding the action and floating the barrel or bedding the whole stock. Thoughts?

I like to bed the action and 1-3” of barrel.
Maybe not the same but all except one of my CF rifles are done that way. I would certainly bed them. The one exception is a 338 winmag in a M77 Ruger. I had to bed that one all the way to the end of the stock for some reason. But after I did it oh boy. I own 500 yards in any direction on any mountain I sit on.

Bedding definitely makes a positive difference.

Did you get accra glass gel ? I always bed full action and about the first couple inches of barrel then float the rest

I have a few stocks to bed so I bought Devcon in a bulk containers. I have bought some of the bedding kits and you don't get much material to work with. I have enough material now to bed 15 rifles.

I had been leaning towards bedding around the action screws and about an inch beyond the barrel lug, then floating the barrel.

Thanks for everyone's response.

Should work just run A dollar between barrel and stock when done should slide thru to where your bedding starts also hold gun butt on ground with your hand around barrel and stock loosely and insert ramrod make sure it's not lifting barrel or putting pressure on barrel. I also shoot gun with and without ramrod to make sure it doesn't adversely affect point of impact.

Should work just run A dollar between barrel and stock when done should slide thru to where your bedding starts also hold gun butt on ground with your hand around barrel and stock loosely and insert ramrod make sure it's not lifting barrel or putting pressure on barrel. I also shoot gun with and without ramrod to make sure it doesn't adversely affect point of impact.

I may just take the under rib off and use a collapsible ram rod. I will test all options.

That just reminded me take at least one screw out and make sure it lays flat and there's no pressure applied to get it to lay flat if there is just bend lightly to get to lay flat I personally like having a ramrod

That just reminded me take at least one screw out and make sure it lays flat and there's no pressure applied to get it to lay flat if there is just bend lightly to get to lay flat I personally like having a ramrod
Im getting to be the opposite. I prefer all my guns w/o the ramrods. I have a 3 piece brass and a couple of TC range rods with T handles. The cva collapsible ramrod imho is good in theory but a pita in the real world. I took the rods, thimbles, and ribs off my s91 and my renegade.

Im getting to be the opposite. I prefer all my guns w/o the ramrods. I have a 3 piece brass and a couple of TC range rods with T handles. The cva collapsible ramrod imho is good in theory but a pita in the real world. I took the rods, thimbles, and ribs off my s91 and my renegade.
We do what works right for us I just like having a quick reload but I'm not sure how your ramrod works and how quick you can reload but I am very very fast at reloading and I like having that ability !

Back