Berry Manufacturing Blue Diamond 50 cal Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaMitch

Reaction score
I have done a bit of searching without finding anyone talking about the Berry's Manufacturing Blue Diamond BP Bullet. I have shot this bullet in my TC 209/50 with great success as far as on the paper. I think this bullet shoots so well in the TC because of a slight driving band at the base of the bullet which measures 452.5. .451 just forward of this band. Berry's have a blue Sabot that again has preformed in my TC. Anyone thoughts Gentlemen:
DaMitch

Never tried them and at $20/25 for a plated bullet, i probably will not. I am curious who makes the sabot for them.

Have you tried the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold which is about $20/50 plus sabot cost?

GM54-120 Yes Sir I like the 300 grain Harvester with their black ribbed sabot. Here in NE most shots at deer are 100 yards or less and I like the flat shooting 250 grain bullet as it holds about the same at 50 and 100 yards. Load is 96 grains of Swiss 1 1/2 with the Berry Blue sabot. I believe they have their own injection molding machines for the sabot. You are correct that the Harvester Gold bullet is a good one as is their sabot. After putting mics on the SST, Harvester and Berry bullet, the Berry just looked like it would be a shooter. Best,
DaMitch

Some say that the Traditions Smackdown Carnivor is nothing more than a remanded Berry. The Carnivor is 21.99 for 15 bullets. I bought 25 Berry's for 21.99. I can't wait to test them in my LHR Redemption.

Just look at them. Sabots/Tips look the same other than color. Traditions does not make bullets but they have rebranded many including Parkers in the past.
20200720122330_BothwebMuzzleloader.jpg

traditions-smackdown-carnivore-bullets-mz-sabot-bullets-50-cal_3_2_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Years back they had a blowout price on APBs. It was nothing more than a Parker BE but the blowout pricing was great so i bought quite a few packs. Back then the BE was .4505 and now i think they are .451. All Tradtions did was order them with yellow tips and include a MMP sabot.

Last edited:
Back