Best boots for cold weather?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmerdeer

Reaction score
Should I go with irish setter or rocky mountain? I would like gortex and alot of thinsulate above 1200grams, has anybody had exerience with these types of boots? I`m heading to sask and it might be pretty cold so I would like to be prepared.
Thanks,
Elmer.

Rocky gortex is a good boot.Mine only have 600 gr.of installation,but very durable.After wearing them for 4 seasons for about 6 months a year,I'll have to replace them.Leather cracked on side of foot ,but they still do not leak.

Toasty Toes

Rock makes a 1200 grm Blizzard Stalker I like real well. If you do alot of fast paced walking your feet will be swimming in sweat. I bought mine for the sole purpose of waiting out deer while my butt was hanging out in a treestand. they work great for that situation.

The best cold weather boots that I know of are made by Northern Outfitters. They are made for sitting and not for walking. A true sub zero boot. http://www.northernoutfitters.com/s-4-boots.aspx

I hunt the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in December. Lows can get to -20 range but my feet are nice and warm. I wear the Mountain packs with just a thin pair of poly socks. My best friend bought the EXP boot for his polar bear hunt and said his feet were warm at -50. These boots are worth the money for stand hunting but are not recommended for hiking long distances.

Try military surplus "mickey mouse" boots. The white ones are best for extreme cold when you will be sitting. The black ones are not quite as warm but you won't get sweaty feet from walking. They are not that great as far as the tread goes, but you can get them for less than $40 on the surplus market and they really are warm. They are also completely waterproof.

Latest posts

Back