Best Fit For A Conical

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Would like your guys that shoot alot of conicals APPIN.

OK I have ran a NO EXC. 460gr & 495gr .503 down the Bore of the KRB and it loads good but more like a slip fit ( no rifleing marks on bullet)

And I have run a 495gr NO EXC. .504 down the barrle also loads good and I get ( rifleing scores on bullet )

Whitch one do you think is the better fit and would get the best ACCU. with .503 or .504

RON G

When I load a No Excuse or a BullShop, often times the weight of the ramrod alone will seat the conical. Both will shoot very well. The problem you need more concern about is, as you walk around the .503 sounds like it might move off the powder charge. That is dangerous. On the range under controlled events, the loose conical would be fine, but not for hunting.

Try them both. If necessary, put a wrap or two of teflon tape around the loose conical and see how it does. I will be watching for your post of how well the rifle does with the big conicals.

cayuga

YOU are the man.

That is what I was thinking also but I have never shot a Custom Conical
before , Al i have shot in years past was the Hornady G P and T/C maxis.

HECK I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGG. OUT HOW TO POST PICS. I just downloaded the pic DISK THAT CAME WITH MY CAMERA NEXT STEP IS TO TRY TO TRANSFUR PICS FROM CAMERA TO COMPUTER.

YOU TALK ABOUT COMPUTER STUPID MY NAME IS AT THE TOP OF THE SHORT LIST.

Thanks Man Still planning on getting a sidelock to.

RON G.

cayuga said:
When I load a No Excuse or a BullShop, often times the weight of the ramrod alone will seat the conical. Both will shoot very well. The problem you need more concern about is, as you walk around the .503 sounds like it might move off the powder charge. That is dangerous. On the range under controlled events, the loose conical would be fine, but not for hunting.

Try them both. If necessary, put a wrap or two of teflon tape around the loose conical and see how it does. I will be watching for your post of how well the rifle does with the big conicals.

Yea thats why I quit using Great Plains Bullets.Last year I was using a Bullet that I had pushed out the day before.Was walking through the woods,rested for a bit,looked at my rifle,the Bullet was at the end of the Barrel.I just took it being loose because I had pushed it through the second time and decided not to do that again.

Well I was shooting getting ready to take it out for the season.I shot a few rounds,then run a spit patch through,short started my Bullet,then just set the Ram Rod on it :shock: was freaking when I seen the Ram Rod pushing the Bullet down with me doing nothing.

Went back to Sabots.

oneshot

Whitch one do you think is the better fit and would get the best ACCU. with .503 or .504

NO DOUBT the .504s. Every White rifle I've ever owned liked for the conicals to SLIGHTLY engrave the rifling for the VERY best accuracy.

Cajun

No it has Rained with 30mph winds all weekend :( :twisted: :evil: :x

Ron G.

lungbuster1 said:
Cajun

No it has Rained with 30mph winds all weekend :( :twisted: :evil: :x

Ron G.

That's a bummer! Will you get to go this week or weekend?

Cajun

I live and run the farm so I can just go out on the back 40 I have a 100 yd range set up out back so I can shoot just about any time , as long as the cows or goats don't get terring fence down or the hogs stay put.
The wife likes to shoot also so I try to wait till TUE or WEN when she is off work.

I tryed Poisting Pic on the site that you gave me had no probblems until I hit the upload button and then it wouldn't do anything it just cind of froze up.
Probb. becouse our comp. is so old and the kidds playing with it dosn't help eather. Any SUGG.

Ron

I sent you a PM about the pictures. That is cool having a place to shoot that close. If had a place to shoot that close, I'd never get anything done. If it had a fishing pond too, I'd be useless. :lol:

Back