best scope vor muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patally

Reaction score
hi i am new to the sport and would like to know what s the bes t scope to put on my muzzleloader just uy a accura v2 from cva.
thanks for your good advice :D

Depends on your needs and how much you want to spend. Personally I like 3-9x40 on my guns. I use leupold, nikon, sightron. All great scopes. You get what you pay for in optics, but don't always need higher quality to be successful. swfa.com has some great scopes on closout/clearance right now.

Well, let's see. Depending on your price range, I think you would be well served by any of the below:

US Optics 1-4x22 SN-4S 30mm, about $1,519.95

Zeiss 1.5-6x42 Victory Diavari 30mm, about $1,699.95

Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6 30mm, about $1,929.00

Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 Zenith 30mm, about $2,898.95

I'm kidding. :D You need to state what your budget is. As said by mcp, any decent 3-9 scope will do.

If you are on a budget, you would be hard pressed to do better than the Simmons ProDiamond 4x 32. Hard to beat for about $39 from Natchez.

I agree.. first look at your wallet and see how fat it is and how skinny your willing to make it. Then look at your hunting situation. Where I hunt 50 yards is a long shot. A simple 4x even 2x work fine for me. But out west where some hunters are shooting 200 yards and further, then a good 9x would be the ticket.

I always felt for a muzzleloader a 2-7x32mm was about the perfect scope. Let me qualify that statement. I do not shoot 200 yards not would I probably ever try. I have target practiced out to 150 yards and that was with a simple 4.5x32mm scope. Once I learned the drop and the placement of the cross hairs, the rest was easy. But where I hunt, 2x walking through the woods is perfect. On an open stand I will crank it to 5x even 7x in a hay field. But again, 50 yards is usually my max. So a 2-7x32 fits my needs perfect. They gather more light at the end of the day then a 3-9x40 most times, have a smaller bell so I can mount them closer to the barrel. Are often less cost wise.

One of my favorite scopes is the 2-7x32mm Nikon Pro Staff. Just a good solid scope, well made, great glass, great warranty, and they don't break the bank. I have then on four of my rifles. I also like the Nikon Omega 3-9x40. Or the Bushnell Elite.

Lately I have been seeing if I can destroy a 3-9x40 Cabela's Powder Horn. I broke one and have one to go. But again, a very good scope. It just did not stand up to the abuse I put it through.

So think of what you want the scope to do. And what kind of shooting you are going to encounter. Then look in your wallet and see how much you want to invest. I have a number of rifles with a simple 4x32mm Simmons Pro Diamond Scope. And that is an easy 100 yards scope. Cost wise, if they break... I throw them away. Although Simmons will replace them. And the glass in them is exceptional for the cost of the scope ( $39.99).

:D

patally,

Depending on your funds, Redfield Revolution, which is made by LEUPOLD now, is a good scope. I have a 3x9 and 4x12. They both are good scopes.
The 4x12 is around 260.00 and the 3x9 is cheaper. Both are good scopes and are very good in low lighting. Remember, they are now made by LEUPOLD.

Ray........ :wink:

When you buy equipment, you want to buy something that works and that you'll get your monies worth. Remember, you get what you pay for. The cheaper you go, the cheaper the item, the more chances of having problems.....IMHO :!:

sorry about the budget i am looking to kepp it under 600$ so any advice is welcome also looking to shoot to 150yds thanks again for all advice :D

If you have $600 for a scope, look no further than a Zeiss Conquest, The 3x9x40 can be found for well under that price and its top shelf glass.

I think what is equally important is the eye relief. . .

I can't stand scopes that are 3" eye relief, and getting scoped.

For a muzzleloader eye relief is important most of mine are 4in or more.eye bite is not good.

Although I have a simple 4x32 on my ML, I agree with cayuga that a 2-7x32 is likely the perfect scope for 99% of all ML applications. I currently have a Vortex Viper 2x7-32 on a .308 Sako that I love. It might migrate to my Omega since I am using the smokepole more and more. I would recommend it as well within your budget and shooting distances but Vortex has discontinued the 2x7-32 in the Viper line.

A very good alternative is the Vortex Diamodback 2-7x32 for about $180. Also consider the Burris Fulfield II 2-7x35 for about $150. Both these scopes have excellent glass for the price and excellent warranties. Vortex in particular has exceptional customer service as well. And with the $$ left over you could buy another muzzleloader.

GM54-120 said:
If you have $600 for a scope, look no further than a Zeiss Conquest, The 3x9x40 can be found for well under that price and its top shelf glass.

What this man said.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At $349 its about the best bargain going. It has everything a man will need and more.

I just put my Zeiss 3-9 on my 45 cal. It was mounted on another gun I haven't shot in a few years, thought I'd get more use with my M-L.

Nimrodder said:
Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 Has a constant 4" of eye relief at all magnifications and great glass.

BINGO

Many scopes don't keep the same amount of relief as you increase the magnification. 4" is a good amount for a ML and 5" is a bit too much for some rifles. It depends on your bases, rings and rifle.

My Omega BDC250 wont work on two of my rifles because it is so short and i cant get it set for proper eye relief without offset rings.

Latest posts

Back