BH 209 In Canada

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumperPlains

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success in finding BH 209 in Canada? I sent SIR an email and they hadn't even heard of it. Seems strange since it is actually made in Quebec.

1) I have not found any supply in Canada. When I have asked various distributors, they have indicated that it normally takes a year before the product is available in Canada
2) I emailed MidSouth Shooters supply and asked about having them ship a quantity to me. They had no problem selling it to me but could not find a courier e.g. Fedex, UPS who would ship the product into Canada. No reason given.
3) Have a friend who is going to the states so having him bring me back a couple of containers. Giving him a letter authorizing him to import the product on my behalf just in case he is asked some information about the product that he can't answer.

Ben

Update on Blackhorn 209

1) Blackhorn 209 has recently been approved for shipment into Canada. From what I have learned, it will probably be at least two more months before the Canadian distributors receive their product. (No distributor name available)

2)Available in the US from the following mail order companies as most of you will know.
Graf & Sons 1-800-531-2666 www.grafs.com

Midway USA 1-800-243-3220 www.midwayusa.com

Natchez Shooters Supply 1-800-251-7839 www.natchezss.com

MidSouth Shooters Supply 1-800-272-3000 www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

Powder Valley 1-800-227-4299 www.powdervalleyinc.com

It is available from any of the Sportsman?s Warehouse stores and it is rumoured Cabela?s should receive their first shipment this week. May take a while to get it disbributed.

I called ARC-INTER and they have no stock of BH209 at present. ARC-INTER indicated that they do not expect to receive their supply until sometime in August.
That delivery time seems to be in line with the information Western Powders passed along to me.
I am hoping to have some BH209 in my hands in a couple of weeks. Just itching to try it out in my Triumph.

Its getting closer

Arc-Inter has indicated that their shipment of BH209 is at the border waiting for them to pickup. Should be available Monday. Price $37.95 plus a $10 Dangerous Goods charge. Freight to Alberta is $18.50 for 1 to 10 lbs.

Wholesale Sports do not have any BH209 on order.

Nothing showing up on Cabelas Canada (SIR) mail order site.

FYI

Re: Its getting closer

benamen said:
Arc-Inter has indicated that their shipment of BH209 is at the border waiting for them to pickup. Should be available Monday. Price $37.95 plus a $10 Dangerous Goods charge. Freight to Alberta is $18.50 for 1 to 10 lbs.

Wholesale Sports do not have any BH209 on order.

Nothing showing up on Cabelas Canada (SIR) mail order site.

FYI

I am interested to see how that stuff shoots, although $38 for 10oz is a tough pill to swallow. I don't expect it to become available in our part of the woods (Lloydminster / Wainwright) until next season, as Wholesale has already completed this years buy for ML stuff - which historically isn't much.

Hahx
How close to Lloyd are you as I reside in town? I had a friend who went down to Vegas to bring me back a couple of container of Blackhorn. Gave him a letter indicating that he was importing to me as he is not a hunter and if questioned, he wouldn't know anything about the stuff. I ordered from Midsouth and had it shipped to a UPS depot in Vegas where it was picked up.
These are first three shots I made using Blackhorn 209, 77 Gr. W, TC Shockwave a250 and Harvester short black sabot.
IMG_0255.jpg
[/img]
I never got any groups close to this shooting 777 Mag pellets so I am very impressed with Blackhorn in my Triumph. Waiting for my son to get his Triumph and we will go out and tune them in at the same time.

209 in Canada

I may have a different container than what you folks are talking about. On tha container I have, underneath the address of Western Powders it is plain to read, " Manufactured in Canada for Western Powders,Inc.". Are we talking about the same powder.

benamen

I am at CFB Wainwright - are you looking to sell a bottle?

hahx-
I've only got two bottles and one is for my son and one for myself. If I had anymore, I certainly would be willing to part with it. I had the opportunity to have more brought back but like you, want'd to make sure it shot well in my rifle before I purchased any amount.

If I find someone to bring some back here I will let you know as I certainly wouldn't mind having a bit more on hand and it does not have the storage problems other black powder subs have.

Ben

benamen said:
Hahx
How close to Lloyd are you as I reside in town? I had a friend who went down to Vegas to bring me back a couple of container of Blackhorn. Gave him a letter indicating that he was importing to me as he is not a hunter and if questioned, he wouldn't know anything about the stuff. I ordered from Midsouth and had it shipped to a UPS depot in Vegas where it was picked up.
These are first three shots I made using Blackhorn 209, 77 Gr. W, TC Shockwave a250 and Harvester short black sabot.
IMG_0255.jpg
[/img]
I never got any groups close to this shooting 777 Mag pellets so I am very impressed with Blackhorn in my Triumph. Waiting for my son to get his Triumph and we will go out and tune them in at the same time.

Dang :shock:

Ben-Amen :D

Excellent shooting!

But I'm not sure if it's the new BH209 powder, or the NEW Powder Storage Tubes, that have made the difference :shock: :p :wink:

You'd think that if BH209 is made in Canada, you guys should be able to trace it back to the source and purchase some :? :(

Hey Lane,
That target was before I got your tubes. I expect to be able to knock of a quarter inch off my next group when I use your tubes. :D

Ben

Back