Bh209 does it vary

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BH Lot 43 Anybody else have it?

120 by volume averaged with 10 samples came right to 90 grains. (No tamping)

Anybody else have an average grain weight for lot 43?

Last edited:
BH 209 too many variants such as 90 grain weight to 120 grains volume then again I am told it has to be weighed not volume needs special or specific 209 primers to set it off add 8 ounces to $90-$100 pending where bought, I find pyrodex more acceptable with me.

BH 209 too many variants such as 90 grain weight to 120 grains volume then again I am told it has to be weighed not volume needs special or specific 209 primers to set it off add 8 ounces to $90-$100 pending where bought, I find pyrodex more acceptable with me.

Their instructions say to use volume not weight for loads. The weight does vary from lot to lot. They even say so. Now you can with a specific lot of Bh209 measure out you load by volume. Then weigh that and use the weight for your other loads. But when the lot changes you have to repeat it.
Ref Blackhorn 209

Their instructions say to use volume not weight for loads. The weight does vary from lot to lot. They even say so. Now you can with a specific lot of Bh209 measure out you load by volume. Then weigh that and use the weight for your other loads. But when the lot changes you have to repeat it.
Ref Blackhorn 209
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. But remember that BH is at the top of the pile of all the blacks and subs so weighing it simply extracts the best out of the best for you and your gun.

Latest posts

Back