BH209 in stock for $49.99

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Natchez SS has BH209 in stock for $15 cheaper than BassPro or Cabelas.

I just placed an order for 5 jugs and wondering why they charged me sales tax on Shipping/Handling and Hazmat fees? Anyone ever seen this before? I mean it’s only $2.50 but I’ve onlyever paid sales tax on a product and never for a service, labor or shipping fees….

https://www.natchezss.com/accurate-blackhorn-209-muzzleloader-powder-10-oz.html

With shipping and hazmat, it puts them to $60/container to me. That’s not too bad if you need some, but fortunately, I don’t.

With shipping and hazmat, it puts them to $60/container to me. That’s not too bad if you need some, but fortunately, I don’t.

looks like everyone is going to $50 a container and 5lb’ers are nowhere to be found. Only places close enough for me is Cabelas and they’re at $65 and with taxes and driving to them, I’m better off paying the hazmat, which would take them to $75, welcome to 2021 and if someone wants to shoot and hunt, the prices are the prices…

I just placed an order for 5 jugs and wondering why they charged me sales tax on Shipping/Handling and Hazmat fees? Anyone ever seen this before? I mean it’s only $2.50 but I’ve onlyever paid sales tax on a product and never for a service, labor or shipping fees….

I saw last night that Natchez had BH 209, but for 50.00 per 10oz bottle. You stated that they had it for 15.00 less than Bass Pro shop. Sooooo BPS is tryin to sell 10oz bottles of BH 209 for 65.00 per??? I hope not. I hope they dont sell a single bottle for that price. I would hope that the SOB's sellin it for 50.00 per 10oz bottle would get stuck with every single bottle until they had to drop it back to 36.00 per. That was plenty expensive enough for only 10ozs.

If Natchez is in Tennessee and I think they are Tennessee had a fit about not getting sales tax for online or phone orders and started enforcing it. Or that's what I was told before Bass Pro confiscated Cabela's I could order from Cabela's without sales tax because there wasn't a Cabales in Tennessee but now they are the same

If Natchez is in Tennessee and I think they are Tennessee had a fit about not getting sales tax for online or phone orders and started enforcing it. Or that's what I was told before Bass Pro confiscated Cabela's I could order from Cabela's without sales tax because there wasn't a Cabales in Tennessee but now they are the same

oh no, I agree and they’re supposed to charge sales tax, where the item is shipping to, not bought. That money is then to be forwarded to that state, in this case, Indiana.

Indiana sales tax is 7% and is only applied to goods, NOT services (to include labor, shipping and in this case hazmat fee). But Natchez charged me 7% tax on the entire order, shipping and hazmat included and I’ve never had that done at any other online store.

like I said it’s only $2.50 but I’m a tight wad and will be calling on Monday.

I saw last night that Natchez had BH 209, but for 50.00 per 10oz bottle. You stated that they had it for 15.00 less than Bass Pro shop. Sooooo BPS is tryin to sell 10oz bottles of BH 209 for 65.00 per??? I hope not. I hope they dont sell a single bottle for that price. I would hope that the SOB's sellin it for 50.00 per 10oz bottle would get stuck with every single bottle until they had to drop it back to 36.00 per. That was plenty expensive enough for only 10ozs.

they absolutely are charging $64.99 a jug at Basspro/Cabelas.

i agree about the gouging but I’m afraid after all these places seen what people would pay for things at places like Gunbroker, I seen Blackhorn go for $300, for a 10oz bottle. They’ve decided to get there cut, as well.
I mean the MSRP is still 48.99 so I’m assuming that Hodgdon is not charging, much more for it to these places.

I just got (4) 10 Ounce Jugs from Walmart at $36.86 each & thought that was High! I miss being able to purchase the 5 lb Jugs😡!
Can’t you have your Local Walmart order from Headquarters & have it delivered to the Store?

At local shops in my area, the going price for BH209 for at least the last 5yrs has been between $45 and $50 (and I haven't looked lately). I'm glad I don't shoot as much as some of you guys.

I doubt prices will be going down on anything in the near future. We can think Brandon & Co for that crap. But at least there aren't any mean tweets... 😁

Merry Christmas folks! 🎅

I just got (4) 10 Ounce Jugs from Walmart at $36.86 each & thought that was High! I miss being able to purchase the 5 lb Jugs😡!
Can’t you have your Local Walmart order from Headquarters & have it delivered to the Store?
No. Here in New York I have been looking for it since summer, absolutely impossible to find. Makes me want to go back to 777.

As long as most of you are willing to pay $1.25 or more per shot for powder, the price will stay high. BH 209 is convenient, and adds a little velocity, but it is not worth that kind of price. I'm shooting Black MZ for about $0.16 per shot for powder. Most hunters are hunting close range and don't benefit much from the added velocity, and don't need the expensive bullets.

Muzzleloading used to be an inexpensive sport, and the money manufacturers are raking in has made for better bullets and powders, but $2 bullets and $1.25 powder charges are too rich for an old retired miser like me.

oh no, I agree and they’re supposed to charge sales tax, where the item is shipping to, not bought. That money is then to be forwarded to that state, in this case, Indiana.

Indiana sales tax is 7% and is only applied to goods, NOT services (to include labor, shipping and in this case hazmat fee). But Natchez charged me 7% tax on the entire order, shipping and hazmat included and I’ve never had that done at any other online store.

like I said it’s only $2.50 but I’m a tight wad and will be calling on Monday.
Tell me how that goes. Don't get your hopes up.😬

Latest posts

Back