BH209 in stock for $49.99

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m usually the same way but my local wallyworld never has it sitting on the shelf. My buddy used to get them all the time for $11 after season, a few towns over but I’ve never been that lucky. The cheapest I ever got it was when Carlos (Ed’s gun shop) was selling and I think I got some for 28-32.50
I went smokeless and gave like 8jugs to a lifetime friend and have recently decided to go back to a regular in-line and was having a hell of a time finding it.
Sure do miss doing business with that gentleman Carlos. Never steered me wrong. I don`t think Ed`s sell muzzleloader stuff anymore since he left. At least nothing on their website.

Shooters World powder is considered a replacement for Black MZ. I’ve never shot either of those mentioned so
I have no opinions. I do have an opinion of the overpriced, hard to ignite, BH 209, and I can say that it’s the best black powder substitute on the market.

Saw this T7 ffg at Fin Feather Fur in Norwalk Ohio.
20220102_111302.jpg
And they also had reloading powders and primers including Fed 209A.
No bh209 in stock. Didnt even have a price on the shelf for it.

Search the threads and I think you will see that there is no way for a private citizen to send these items to another. Basically it appears to come down to everyone handling the items need to have permits, training and "authorization" as a business to send.

Natchez SS has BH209 in stock for $15 cheaper than BassPro or Cabelas.

I just placed an order for 5 jugs and wondering why they charged me sales tax on Shipping/Handling and Hazmat fees? Anyone ever seen this before? I mean it’s only $2.50 but I’ve onlyever paid sales tax on a product and never for a service, labor or shipping fees….

https://www.natchezss.com/accurate-blackhorn-209-muzzleloader-powder-10-oz.html
It doesn't sound right to me, but who am i???

Saw this T7 ffg at Fin Feather Fur in Norwalk Ohio.
View attachment 18514
And they also had reloading powders and primers including Fed 209A.
No bh209 in stock. Didnt even have a price on the shelf for it.
But damn bro, that price is only 15-17.00 more than what it should be. Thats some " price gouging " on that T7

Natchez SS has BH209 in stock for $15 cheaper than BassPro or Cabelas.

I just placed an order for 5 jugs and wondering why they charged me sales tax on Shipping/Handling and Hazmat fees? Anyone ever seen this before? I mean it’s only $2.50 but I’ve onlyever paid sales tax on a product and never for a service, labor or shipping fees….

https://www.natchezss.com/accurate-blackhorn-209-muzzleloader-powder-10-oz.html
Charging sales tax on friggin shipping now.......WTH?????? Thats some BS!!!

I was surpised when I really saw BH209 for sale at Cabelas for $79.99 per 8 ounce bottle. For those prices I see no reason at all with using the stuff. They can keepit. But then maybe innthe near future with inflation getting worse the other brands may wind up costing that much or more too.

You people are crazy to pay 50$ or more for a 10 oz bottle. I'll just keep making my own, thanks.

Latest posts

Back