BIG HOG CONTEST

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
With 2 TN HUNTS shortly to be launched....how about a BIG HOG CONTEST??? Hogs would have to be weighed at processor to verify weight of course. :lol:

Whatsha all think???

Sounds good to me. I think we oughtta have to deduct wieght if'n ya gotta climb a tree,,by the climber's body weight. Since Grouse will be the week following us,,,,we're a "shoe-in".... :lol: :lol: (sorry Tom.. :wink: )

LOL! Yeah, my Hog last year almost would of been close to NEGATIVE weight if my wt had to be deducted...almost that is! :lol:

I think we need two classes, best of show and best table fare... I believe the better eating hog is not necessarily the biggest hog.

Any thoughts?

I saw a hog last year that was at least 400-500 lbs! It wasnt a Russian though & I was lookin for a decent mount. This year I will opt for the meat! :lol:

Loggy said:
I saw a hog last year that was at least 400-500 lbs! It wasnt a Russian though & I was lookin for a decent mount. This year I will opt for the meat! :lol:

Mine last year appeared to be over 200# and it ate very well.

How's about a contest for the combined weight of week one versus week two..... Unless of course you guys are scared :D 8) :wink:

Jim,

You talking combined weight of Hunters or Hogs or Both? :lol:

Good one Larry :lol: I was speaking of killed hogs. Each hunter can enter one hog for his group, (e.g. 17 hunters 17 hogs weighed) and get a total for group "1" and do the same for group "2". Maybe Patrick could give a banner or something like an avatar for the winners... Just an idea. Something to spice it up a little???? Sportsmanship and team effort combined!!!

Sounds like a doable contest Jim, but I think the Hog Slaughter Groups may differ in size. Yours may be 17...ours 15 ?

I was also thinkin length of tusk but some of the larger hogs are fighters & they are ground down.

Any other ideas out there?

Sure would be great to be awarded some type of Hog Banner Avatar like BIG HOG 2006!!! :lol:

We all really have Behemoth Boar! 8)

I have scales! I had them with me LAST year! Here was the deal with WEIGHING each hog... By the time we got EVERY hog out of the woods, they were in SEVERAL different areas, and plotted the trajectory and range of each and every one of Bobs projectiles :lol: the hogs REALLY needed to go to the meat processor...

big6x6 said:
.....Here was the deal with WEIGHING each hog... By the time we got EVERY hog out of the woods, they were in SEVERAL different areas, and plotted the trajectory and range of each and every one of Bobs projectiles :lol: the hogs REALLY needed to go to the meat processor...

I already have my ear protection gear packed in case im hunting within BB's neck of the woods!! :lol:

The Biggest Hogs normally have the biggest stomach unless they had some stomach stitching work done. Not very likely the case with rural TN Hogs though. :lol:

Domestic stomachs are usually from 3-5 hundred pounders & if baked to lite brown(with roaster lid on) are as tender as the smaller ones plus will feed much larger parties.

I like the team concept, what about averaging the weight of the hogs? That way the number of people in the hunting group hunting won't matter.

Loggy, that big one that you saw last year, did it have a pinkish patch on it's right side? John B. and I saw a HUGE one after his was on the ground, not 50 Yds away. In retrospect, we should have shot it and split the cost. :(

Blue-Dot-37.5

BD, it had large patches of white, brown, black & pink. Sorta reminded me of a coloration mix between a guernsey and holstein cow. It was ONE BIG PIG!!

Scott,

Is this him?

holstein-web-1.jpg

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
what about averaging the weight of the hogs?

Now you're talking!! Let's git 'er done. Each team should have a team captain. Scott I assume you'll be your teams captain Chuck or Randy could be ours :poke: Captains would be responsible for recording and adding up the weights of each hog from the processor (that may preclude Wakeman from being a captain) :lol:

Latest posts

Back