BIG HOG CONTEST

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang!! Busted... :cry:

I think #5 should be deleted. As long as the weapon guidelines are followed.

Batchief909 said:
Dang!! Busted... :cry:

I think #5 should be deleted. As long as the weapon guidelines are followed.

Agreed, I want to pop one with a pistol....

Batchief909 said:
Sounds good to me. I think we oughtta have to deduct wieght if'n ya gotta climb a tree,,by the climber's body weight. Since Grouse will be the week following us,,,,we're a "shoe-in".... :lol: :lol: (sorry Tom.. :wink: )

Dont worry, no climbing this year. 480 will be on my side. :lol:

Last year the guides did the field dressing... I can bring down a hanging scale too, and a portable 12v winch. I don't know where to put the winch tho. AND I DON"T WANNA KNOW EITHER, RW !!!!!!! :lol:

As for my hog, the processor said that it was a hermaphrodite, that's why it was so fat - never suckled a litter....... The teeth weren't that big, but it was around 300# or so the guides said. It sure made for some good eating & smoking. I had both hindquarters smoked into hams (up here).

Blue-Dot-37.5

Jim,

Daniel (Guide) told me what he thought my Hog weighed. I thought he said it was bout 200 lbs but the more time progresses & as I restudy my pics, mounts & dream... I sorta think it may be around 300 plus or so as I recollect! :lol:

The processor didnt weigh it (to my knowledge) but I'm sure they do have weighing scales there & would likely accomodate. Its really a nice operation there at Wyatts! I dropped my Hog off around Lunch & it was ready that evening. Of course, I was the lone hunter at Loshbough's then.

Loggy:

Susie said that they were getting a few that were 300#'s, plus one that was quite a bit bigger. It looks like our chances are pretty good!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Loggy:

Susie said that they were getting a few that were 300#'s, plus one that was quite a bit bigger. It looks like our chances are pretty good!

Blue-Dot-37.5

BD, sounds great!!

I will start to rearrange my large box freezer to make room for one or two of those BIG HOGS!!! :lol:

My White Super 91 .504 won the lead off position. I'm thinkin about taking 2 HOGS if I'm lucky nuff to whack Number 1 early. Number 2 would be a Flinter.

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Loggy:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot, Susie told me the same thing.

Rumor has it that it is not legal to take any of them until April 8, 2006. Funny how that is. :shock:

Loggy/Scott...You'll have to admit that getting there one week before us IS a little advantage! ...but I'm not making excuses! :lol:

Batchief909 said:
Just look at it as,,,"thinning the herd"... :lol:

Sources indicate the Weedling effect gives us the psychological edge. :shock: :x :x

Yeah?? Well,,,we ain't got JJ keepin' us awake.... :lol: Ah think me an' Loggy is gonna come up wiff sumpin' that's gonna seal this deal. Loggy????? :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back