BIG HOG CONTEST

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what this rare stone hog will weigh in at.

DSC00722.jpg

VENISONEATR said:
Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
what about averaging the weight of the hogs?

Now you're talking!! Let's git 'er done. Each team should have a team captain. Scott I assume you'll be your teams captain Chuck or Randy could be ours :poke: Captains would be responsible for recording and adding up the weights of each hog from the processor (that may preclude Wakeman from being a captain) :lol:

If a top shelf (non-bias :lol: ) CPA is needed to verify & certify the results...I will offer my services free of charge! All I request is that Hog Kill Data be maintained sealed & duly secure and forwarded via Certified Crossville Mail to Loggy for validation no later than 4 hours after Sundown (TN Time) on final day of respective hunt. Unless anyone objects, I will hand carry our Hunts Sealed Envelope to my offices safe in order to save a lil postage. :lol:

Upon receipt of the Second Hunts Sealed Envelope, I will then idependently conduct my audit & render my findings shortly thereafter. I hereby promise not to fudge any numbers especially when my Hog Weight & other BD Team's Hog's are being entered into my Audit Verification Program. :lol:

If there happens to be any other CPA's amongst us, he is welcome to assist & validate my findings.

With such high stakes involved, I feel there needs to be some security in this process especially considering the character make-up within both groups,.....me excluded of course! :lol:

big6x6 said:
We all really have Behemoth Boar! 8)

I have scales! I had them with me LAST year! Here was the deal with WEIGHING each hog... By the time we got EVERY hog out of the woods, they were in SEVERAL different areas, and plotted the trajectory and range of each and every one of Bobs projectiles :lol: the hogs REALLY needed to go to the meat processor...

Ha, Ha, Ha, Chuck! :lol: :lol: :lol: It was getting hot and I didn't want the meat to spoil, thus the many holes to allowed the pig to cool and avoid spoilage. You guys.

Loggy said:
With such high stakes involved, I feel there needs to be some security in this process especially considering the character make-up within both groups,.....me excluded of course! :lol:

My unfortunate lack of passion for tasty brains and tender, browned stomachs would make Venisoneater more qualified than I to keep tabs on on the various and sundry nearly-valuable hog parts.

So, will this be a weight of the field dressed hog or one with all edible parts retained? :shock:

RW, that hog's legs are a bit too long. 8)

Maybe we can get Super 91 to slow his bullets down a bit so they aren't pass-thru's. It should add a few pounds to the hog that way! :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:

I had a feeling I goofed up a bit there.

Viable hogs should be limited to one sex only. :shock:

RandyWakeman said:
Blue-Dot-37.5 said:

I had a feeling I goofed up a bit there.

Viable hogs should be limited to one sex only. :shock:

Randy, what other types are down there in TN??? I didnt catch the details of BD's specimen...or possibly I dont wanna know. :lol: Maybe I better turn my scopes power up a little before squeezin off! :lol:

Scott I assume you'll be your teams captain Chuck or Randy could be ours Captains would be responsible for recording and adding up the weights of each hog from the processor (that may preclude Wakeman from being a captain)

Well Jimmy, my vote is for YOU to take care of this! :shock: It's about time you got out from behind your desk in Manhattan and did something worthwhile! :lol:

Loggy said:
Randy, what other types are down there in TN??? I didnt catch the details of BD's specimen...or possibly I dont wanna know. :lol: Maybe I better turn my scopes power up a little before squeezin off! :lol:

Don't really know what Blue Dot connected on down there, and I did not really bother to check out its tackle box. I would have guessed it as more of a setter than a pointer, but it remains the Blue Dot Mystery Pig of Profoundly Perfect Porcine Perplexity.

But, it was big. Blue Dot seemed to like the "X" he marked the spot with most of all.

big6x6 said:
Well Jimmy, my vote is for YOU to take care of this! :shock: It's about time you got out from behind your desk in Manhattan and did something worthwhile! :lol:

The only reason I choose to nominate you boys was your experience (read: Age) being much more advanced than yours truly. I am, however, up to the task.
Though not a CPA like Loggy I will adhere to his stringent protocol and parameters for handling the data collected from our group. I do feel that since Blue Dot's group is hunting first they should POST their groups "pig weight average" first as well... :wink:
And Chuck anytime you'd like to come up and visit my "office" you are more than welcome... Just be sure to bring a pair of work gloves and long johns :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

VENISONEATR said:
The only reason I choose to nominate you boys was your experience (read: Age) being much more advanced than yours truly. I am, however, up to the task.

Congratulations :!: I think you will do spectacularly.

Now, I can just go back to listening to my arteries harden. :cry:

Sounds like things are coming into play for a great Contest! Only question is...how will that coveted prize Modern Muzzleloader Banner be distributed. I guess each Team Member will receive one?

2006 BIG HOG TEAM WINNER or sumpin like that! Sure glad I have off work today...gives me alot of time to think about this! :lol:

Any other ideas???

sample.jpg

This is just a sample. Only the pictures and title will be the same. It's all I could throw together in a couple minutes.

Patrick White said:
sample.jpg

This is just a sample. Only the pictures and title will be the same. It's all I could throw together in a couple minutes.

AWESOME!!!!!!

You guys better get some specific rules otherwise you are surely gonna lose when Chief brings home PATTY! :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Looks nice Patrick!

Doohan said:
You guys better get some specific rules otherwise you are surely gonna lose when Chief brings home PATTY! :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Looks nice Patrick!

JJ, no threat cause once deflated not much is left!! :lol: I got me one of those inflatable Hen Decoys last week & I sorta chuckled thinkin about the Chief!!! Didnt see any inflatable Hog Decoys ...as of yet! :lol:

Well before rules can be implemented I'd like to ask a few questions of the guys who've been down there before. Are the hogs field dressed in the field? And by field dressed I mean all internal organs removed... including heart and lungs. Also does the processor give you a weight of said field dressed hog. Assuming the aforementioned facts are true it would merely be a task of each teams duly designated hog weight tallier to combine the weights and divide by the number of hogs. Really quite elementary :roll: 8)

Doohan said:

Looks nice Patrick!

Ok...

1. Pigs only. No shooting a Bison and putting it in the weigh in. :wink:

2. The only pigs that count are those taken during the specific weekend the group is there. This prevents someone that goes home empty from coming back and shooting a pig later and having it count. In the event that spoilage concerns prohibit weighing we'll figure something out.

3. The pigs must be weighed to count. Any pig not weighed does not count towards the total. No guessing the weight. :roll:

4. NO COUNTING PATTY CHIEF! :shock:

5. Muzzleloaders only.

Just kidding. Only the top four rules. Shoot anything you want.

Latest posts

Back