Bigger charges of N-110...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Just wondering who has tried 44gr N-110 and a 250gr bullet out of their Savage? I'm thinking of giving it a whirl this weekend.. :)

45grains N110 & 250 XTP=
169 3/8
jeff2.jpg

Are you going to try it out of the ULA? Just curious. Probably the hotter load would be more comfortable with the Savage. Kristels gun would be a great back up with 44grns of N110 and a 250grn SST. :idea:

45grains N110 & 250 XTP=
169 3/8

Is THAT the best you can do? :poke:

That's one awesome buck dude! Know what velocity you got? How about accuracy? JJ...What about YOU? Same questions...

Are you going to try it out of the ULA? Just curious. Probably the hotter load would be more comfortable with the Savage. Kristels gun would be a great back up with 44grns of N110 and a 250grn SST.

MAYBE...Probably just Savage #IV. One thing is for sure...I have PLENTY of back ups around here! :D

No velocity #'s, sub 1" groups all the way to 200 yards, in temps 40 degrees and colder.
No, I've done better! :lol:
178 3/8

bigwhitetail.jpg

Jeff that's another beauty!

Do you only hunt when there's SNOW on the ground! :lol:

No, I hunt where ever I can find a M/L season!I have to wait two more weeks before my next M/L excursion! I won,t be leaving the midwest for the rest of the year. Hope you don,t mind that I use a few pics to answer your questions? :lol:
Jeff!
161 1/8
JeffEarlyML.jpg

Typical10,nice deer and pics.You look younger with a snow background. :lol: The old man grey does not show as bad. 8)

I've had the grey look for 20 years.I'm only 56. :shock:

Sometimes I don,t time my Just for men beard coloring just right. :oops:
Another grey moment! :oops:

jeff035.jpg

I've shot 44 grains on N110, but 43 grains was more accurate out of my gun. 250 gr SST is the bullet of choice.

Good results on the deer herd so far. :wink:

black3

44 grains of VVN-110 with the 250 shockwave cut my 100 yard groups by 5/8th inch. 42.6 grains with the above bullet and a Fed 209A primer gave me 2350 fps velocity.

Latest posts

Back