Bipod for Optima pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nada. I have a heavy rest for the range and use the stand's sidewalls if up there hunting. On the ground I use a tree as a rest.

I was reading an older review of the pistol by Chuck Hawk. One picture shows it with the bipod. Looks interesting but not after I checked some prices, Lol

Its so easy to make adjustable bipod shooting sticks, see youtube for several simple, cheap ideas. My comment here applies to pistols too because whether pistol or rifle, its just a matter of length.

If you are lucky you can also find a perfect, thin tree branch to cut into the right dimensions for length and that "Y" at the top of what you just cut, the right side of the "Y" being a second branch growing out of the first one.

To make it worthwhile, fix up a shooting stick to also be a walking stick.

I found a "clothes hanging rod" that they use in Asia to display clothes high up in shops. It cost $1. It has a perfect stainless or aluminum "U" fixture at the top to fit any rifle. But the rods of these things are about 6 inches too short for a good shooting stick. Thats OK, I have a length of bamboo, $0, that the "U" can transfer to which is already good as a walking stick. I add a bicycle grip in the middle for gripping, $1.50/pair, added a feature to make it also a pistol rest, $0, and thats my setup.

There is no reason at all to pay good money for a bipod, monopod, camera stick or shooting stick. Im not against items that are used all the time but like it was said above, its easy to sink so much cash in various junk that gives no return and just sits in boxes or shelves until you dump it all one day. I bought two good bipods for rifles and never once used them.

So my suggestion is making up a pistol/rifle rest yourself, spend nothing and see if you like it AND use it often and go from there. You can tie together 6-8 inches of sponges and try that!

Usually I wouldnt care about rests and things but for some unexplainable reason, my guns keep getting heavier as the years go by and ammo being what it is these days, i HAVE to make the shots so I take any help i can get.

Make a set of cross sticks with dowels using shear lashing. Cheap or fancy as you wish, (I have a couple sets made from Black Walnut dowels, 3/4” x 36”...

Back