Bix’ N Andy Ball Bearing Trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a high end trigger upgrade for their Remington 700 These Bix’ N Andy Ball Bearing triggers are truly AMAZING!! I went with a 2 stage since i am so accustomed to them, But you can get these in Single stage as well. I have mine set at 13-14 Ounces, Adjustable range of 10oz to 4.5 pounds. I bought mine through Bullet Central, and dealt directly with Chris Harris. These triggers are very user friendly, you can actually completely disassemble and clean these on your own

https://bulletcentral.com/product-category/components/triggers/

Installation is super easy
QJnnbGFl.jpg

This Heavy Varmint .308 Really Shoots with my Handloads. This Group is on Video, Target was 70-80 Yards, 3 shot Group finish measures 0.192, I was shooting my Muzzleloader this Day, but decided to Bring the .308 along to Check it before hunting season, I hadn’t shot this Rifle in awhile. I don’t like shooting Scopes very often since I Shoot Mostly Open/Peep sights on my Muzzleloaders, It is to easy to get use to the Scope, Then makes it tough to transition back to my Open sights, So I don’t shoot my centerfires very often, But fun when i do!
lEkv0AIl.jpg

I once owned a Remington 700 in .22-250 with the bull barrel.  Back in the day I had to have a local gunsmith lighten-up the factory trigger to about 2 lbs. for field use.  It would have been nice to have an easily adjustable trigger. 
How do you adjust the ounces on this trigger  :?:

Marty said:
I once owned a Remington 700 in .22-250 with the bull barrel.  Back in the day I had to have a local gunsmith lighten-up the factory trigger to about 2 lbs. for field use.  It would have been nice to have an easily adjustable trigger. 
How do you adjust the ounces on this trigger  :?:
Marty, This trigger adjusts really easy, I can fully adjust this thing without removing the Action from the Stock! Even the length of Pull is adjustable on this trigger. There are 3 Small allen head Screws. 1 for adjusting LOP, 1 for Pull Weight, and the other for Over Travel, Sear engagement. This is a VERY User Friendly Trigger. 

A trigger Makes, or Breaks a Rifle to me. A 20,000 Dollar Kreighoff Rifle would be Worthless to me if it had a Heavy non adjustable Trigger, i Know I wouldn’t be able to shoot it well. I run all of my Muzzleloader “Set” triggers in the ounces, And i really like 1 to 1.5 pounds on a Hunting Rifle, Which is REALLY light for a lot of folks, But i have Been Shooting Triggers like this for Many Many Years now, i am very accustomed to them being this way. SUPER light triggers are a MAJOR Key to my Shooting Success.

Really Light triggers like i run are NOT for everyone, My Dad is a Good example, He has Ran a Chainsaw all of his Life as a Timber Faller, He has poor Circulation in his Hands/fingers, My Dad has shot a few of my Guns and is VERY familiar with How light i run my Triggers, He has told me several times “That is WAY to light for me, i would Touch that off before i was ready” My Dad Does Not have the Feeling in his Hands/Fingers for Triggers as light as i run.

Sometimes on the gun range I'm surprised when firing other shooters rifles.  A comfortable trigger set to suit your particular style or firearm use is often overlooked by hunters...but rarely by those like yourself that also bench shoot a lot.   Wow :affraid: ...you have a really light Hunting trigger set. 

Could I trouble you Idaholewis for a pic of those allen head screw locations :?:

No problem Marty! These are Replacement Trigger Shoes for my Bix’n Andy TacSport. The 3 Screws on the bottom are the adjustments, VERY EASY to get at with the little Allen wrench provided, and these Screws are inside a snug fitting “Sleeve” of Sorts so they HOLD SOLID as you make adjustments the Screws have a Nice Stiff feel to them when adjusting from the “Sleeve” they are in, in other words No worry of them ever moving! These Ball Bearing triggers are AMAZING! I currently have 1, and have Owned several Timney Triggers over the years, they are good for the most part, But they are nowhere near in the Same league as these Bix’n Andy Triggers, My Bix TacSport is Comparible to a Jewell in Price, After talking to Chris Harris of Bullet Central i chose the Bix’n Andy TacSport over the Jewell, the Cost is the Same. These Bix Triggers work differently than say a Jewell, It is to do with the Steady Downward Force, and the Bix using a Highly polished Ball Bearing, these things “Break” AMAZINGLY Good, Chris explained to me that the Bix’N Andy triggers are truly in a Class of their own. Chris is a HEAVY DUTY Competitive Benchrest Guy. There are some really good videos of Chris explaining these Triggers on his YouTube Channel, i have his direct Cell phone number, He is a Good Guy!

Mt7hLA9.jpg

Here is a Really Good video of Chris Harris Explaining these Triggers, Definitely worth the Watch! Tony Boyer shoots these, 1 of the very best Benchrest Shooters in the World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dMoPYrZWSt0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I totally agree on having a nice trigger.  The first thing that happens when I buy a rifle is it goes to my gunsmith for a trigger job.  I like absolutely ZERO creep and a 2.5 lbs break point.
I want it to feel like I put my finger on a piece of unyielding steel and when pressure is applied it very crisply breaks at 2.5 lbs.

Back