Black horn in stock...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....at my local gun shop for $89.99...

I always thought blackhorn was worth the premium but I guess $90 is my stopping point. Tripple 7 was $38.

I marked out the gun shop name because they are a customer. They said thier price has went way up and I understand they have to make money too.

Attachments

• 20220922_152730.jpg
    20220922_152730.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Damn! Scheels has it for $65 right now and I thought that was crazy.

I get it, people have to make money but sorry, to me, that is just a rip off or straight up price gouging.

Last edited:
I bought 5lbs over the course of a couple months a while back. Looking forward to never buying it again!

I bought a can a couple of years ago just to try it. It was nice not swabbing between shots, so I shot more. So it cost even more to shoot.

That is the beauty of capitalism. If the price is too high, you don't have to buy it. I'm not driving a BMW either.

The good news is that 777 is almost as good, just way dirtier. Swabbing between shots means you shoot less, and save money again. It also helps cool the barrel between shots. If NM would allow smokeless powder, I'd go to that in a hearbeat, but instead they're getting rid of scopes on muzzleloaders.

Latest posts

Back