Blackhorn 209 Powder @ $25.98 a jug!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Today is your lucky day! Check this out. Powder Valley, Inc. has Blackhorn 209 in stock, and for the best price I have seen anywhere, $25.98 a jug. I have seen it sell for as high as $37 in retail stores, and at least $30 at any other online store. You will pay shipping and Haz-Mat on top of that, but it would cost me more in gas to drive to buy it in my area.

I don't know how long this price will last, but I hope it is a sign that Western is getting caught up and are lowering the price. That is wishful thinking, but I KNOW they would probably sell double (or more) the volume that they do now if the retail stores were able to sell it at that price.

If a guy is buying a case (10 ea), that would be quite a savings, and the Haz-Mat and shipping could be spread out over 10 jugs instead of a couple.

Hope this lower price is the sign of things to come. :wink:

Click on "Powders", then click "Accurare Arms", then scroll down to the first line under Accurate Arms Powders. It is NOT listed under Ramshot.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

about (roughly) do they charge for shipping?didnt see a shipping chart anywhere.live in ne missouri.sounds like a heck of a price,especially with only a one time hazmat fee.

jakesdad said:
about (roughly) do they charge for shipping?didnt see a shipping chart anywhere.live in ne missouri.sounds like a heck of a price,especially with only a one time hazmat fee.

Well, if it is drop-shipped from Western like mine was ordering through MidwayUSA, it will be about $10 for up to 48 pounds or something like that.

hmm if i had lets say $160.. what to buy what to buy! Powder or a new rifle. hmmm, yes the new rifle :lol:

frontier gander said:
hmm if i had lets say $160.. what to buy what to buy! Powder or a new rifle. hmmm, yes the new rifle :lol:

Gotta admit, I'd buy the powder and shoot the rifle I have, but that's me...

What kinda rifle you going to get for $160 anyway?

Underclocked said:
5 containers cost a total of $159.85 to SW MO.
I have 4 containers coming from Midway for just under $150, if I remember right. This is a better deal--wish I had known about it last week :(

I just saw 777 50/50 pellets in Wal-Mart for $33 a pack. That's 50 100 grn equivalent shots for $33 :x

777 at that price makes BH209 cheaper to shoot.

Loose 777 was about $25, cheaper to shoot yet.

Heck, at these prices I'll be shooting my .54 flint with Goex black and patched round ball more than ever :wink: :D

paia said:
I just saw 777 50/50 pellets in Wal-Mart for $33 a pack. That's 50 100 grn equivalent shots for $33 :x

777 at that price makes BH209 cheaper to shoot.

Loose 777 was about $25, cheaper to shoot yet.

I did not say a 10 oz bottle of BH209 was cheaper to shoot than 1 lb of loose 777.

I pointed out that BH209, measured by volume at 100 grns, is cheaper to shoot than two 50 grain 777 Pellets at Wal-Mart's price for 777 pellets.

I even said "Loose 777 was about $25, cheaper to shoot yet."

ordered 5 bottles tonite.should hold me over for a while.great price 9compared to other places anyway)hope it gets that "cheap" everywhere.

I got six jugs from powder Valley about a month ago. It was 25.95 at that time. With hazmat and shipping it was $31.05 each to ND.

frontier gander said:

Powerbelts are also much more expensive to shoot than many other bullets. Over $1 each anywhere I have bought them. And the cost of platinums, whew! I am sure you could have several more guns for the difference you have paid for powerbelts over what maxiballs, no excuses, etc. cost. Besides, he didn't pay an extra $160, just the amount over what pyrodex / 777 would have cost.

However, we all tend to shoot what we believe in and like the best. Same goes with powder. Why do some people shoot pellets when it is so much more expensive? Why do some buy a cheap muzzleloader and some spend $1000 plus on theirs? To each his own.

frontier gander said:

One good Muzzleloader with BH209 and a good bullet of choice, is better then several Muzzleloaders shooting 777. :wink:

Grouse said:
One good Muzzleloader with BH209 and a good bullet of choice, is better then several Muzzleloaders shooting 777. :wink:

I'll drink to that! :lol:

frontier gander said:

I don't mind paying the price , cheaper than a tank of gas . Shoot, every three tanks i could get a new muzzy , if i never drive . :shock: :shock:

To each his own, I am thinking about a new Endover and a case of BH to break it in. Lee

Bass Shop Shops has it and it is a bit more but I had to buy since I was there about a month ago and try it and being I was there for something else I just picked up a jug just to have it, seems that they don't have a good stock of ML Supplies and as it gets closer to Muzzleloading season seems that most all of it disappears off the shelves. But it was 34.99. I have some so I just have to find time to give it a try.

Just passing it along that Bass Pro Shops as it if you live near one of their retail stores...

LFM

I drove the motorcycle to Powder Valley Saturday and picked up some BH209. I hope its all everybody says. Kansas changed the rules this year for non-residents. Since I drew a muzzeloader tag, I have to also carry the Triumph in rifle season to. But they do allow scopes on muzzelguns this year. I never really felt I had a 200yd gun with triple seven crud ring and all the fouling.

If I can get the groups you guys have the expense of BH209 and all the bullets and harvester sabots will be worthwhile. I still wonder if I should have bought a Savage though.

Latest posts

Back