Blackpowder Guns and Hunting- CVA APEX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Got this from another forum, he said its on the back of blackpowder guns and hunting.

CVA has announced that it will soon be shipping its new APEX interchangeable barrel rifle. With this gun, CVA believes that it has duplicated the best aesthetic and ergonomic features of the best European high grade single shot rifles,and combined them with the no-nonsense performance aspects that American hunters prefer. The APEX can quickly and easily set up with a wide range of stainless steel,fluted,Bergara barrels in 13 different calibers-including muzzleloader,centerfire,and rimfire. Every APEX features CVA's patent pending E-Z open breeching mechanism,which,due to its trigger guard actuation ,is extremely simple to operate. The APEX's innovative trigger design provides an incredebly clean,crisp pull and is adjustable from 3-5lbs. An ambidextrous synthetic stock sports a high comb specifically designed for the scope shooter and has the new Crush zone ultra recoil pad. Stocks are finished black or Realtree APG camo and Quake Claw slingas standard equip. Also standard is Dura Sight Z-2 Alloyrail mount specifically contoured to match the barrel taper.

WOW!! will the older Apex also be able to use the new barrels? And does this throw this model into the FFL regulations?

no clue what a handi rifle is, sounds out dated.

Cayuga, It will requre FFL due to the centerfire barrels. More than likely will have the same hinge setup as the optima elite where you have to drive the pin out. I have no clue about this one. I just read it on another forum. Sounds like i have to take a trip into town and find the magazine lol.

A Handi Rifle sells for about $250.00. I'm betting they move the location of the hinge pin just enough to keep the rifle barrels from fitting the current production muzzleloaders. That's how NEF did it with the Sidekick. Looks like there will be another cheap single shot rifle available.

Well this seems to be the trend. Make a muzzleloader and then make it able to do more then just be a muzzleloader. Actually for someone starting out, it might be a good way to go. I would have throught that the Accura would have this ability. Or does it?

Accura was made to compete with the triump. I havent seen this new one yet but im sure they will base it off the accuras new design.

Have you guys noticed that with exception of the Bergara barrels ($199 at Natchez) the prices you pay to upgrade to another barrel with TC-forearm also, you could buy a nice low end centerfire rifle package.

MQ32shooter said:
Have you guys noticed that with exception of the Bergara barrels ($199 at Natchez) the prices you pay to upgrade to another barrel with TC-forearm also, you could buy a nice low end centerfire rifle package.

Ever see the price of a tc pro hunter barrel in cabelas? I was looking through the newst cateloge and it was $450! I had just about spit out my coffee all over the place. That was just for the muzzleloader barrel too.

The best way to handle a TROLL is to completely ignore him or BAN HIM.

The new Apex should be an excellent "utility" rifle.

Yes FG. Im not picking on TC, from what I hear-they make great guns and have good customer service. You would think they would give their dog a bone, you spend all that money getting set up and want to switch barrels and bam. I must confess though, I have always wanted an Encore 209x50( sans the QLA). The only complaint I have heard about the NEF Handi Rifle that seems unattractive is that you have to send the barrel and action back to the factory to have it fitted (second hand info from a buddy).

i cant find anything for pictures. I was hoping cva would have them up on their site but it doesnt look like its up yet.

The rifle wasn't supposed to be announced until the Shot Show. Guess someone messed up a bit. I've a pic of a prototype model being proof tested, but cannot post it.

sheesh, trying to make hard to decide what I am going to get next year.

anyone have a list of cals :lol:

hard to tell from that pic. Its a totally new rifle thats for sure. I figured they would have gone with the Accura style looking rifle.

Latest posts

Back