CVA Accura MR-X 40cal 1-20 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-accura-mr-x-40-cal-veil-alpine-konus-scope-package-pr3221nsc.html
The CVA Accura MR-X Rifle comes standard with the legendary Bergara™ barrel, which features a Nitride coating as well as the added protection of CeraKote™ on the exterior. The .40 caliber barrel on this muzzleloader is 26” long, with a threaded muzzle to accept the new Paramount Muzzle Brake, which is threaded ¾” x 20. To properly stabilize the high BC muzzleloading bullets used in this muzzleloader, the MR-X features a 1:20” twist rate. Borrowing technology from the Paramount, this new Accura MR-X will offer a free floated barrel without an under-barrel ramrod. Instead, all new CVA Accura’s will ship with a carbon fiber collapsible ramrod.

Why .40 caliber? One of the most common questions when first considering a new caliber, is why go away from something that seems to work incredibly well? After the introduction of the PowerBelt™ ELR bullet in 2019, muzzleloading rifles have been able to stretch their range while maintaining incredible accuracy and terminal performance. With the addition of .40 caliber to the CVA Accura MR-X, this gun will be capable of incredibly high velocities and be able to reach out much further than its predecessor, while still maintaining high energy impacts on targets. With a BC of .360, the .40 caliber PowerBelt ELR combined with muzzle velocities over 2,300 feet per second, the Accura MR-X is easily capable of 300-yard performance.

Total Weight6.7 LBS

Cant wait to see what just the rifle sells for. 40cal is legal here for deer. I think they got the twist wrong but...........

Really want to see the actual bore specs too. Is it .408 or .416 based lands/grooves?

I could really see this one with a ASG LRMP module plug upgrade. Sure hope they did something with that huge slot in the firing pin bushing or they are in for a rude awakening. 40cal can make some serious peak pressure with BH209. Easily over 30kpsi.

BTW from the posts ive seen. 120grV of BH209 is enough to break 2300fps in a 40cal. Pretty sure a 250gr will get going that fast and a 300gr can hit 2200fps+. Thats 405Win performance but with a much higher BC bullet. So as long as a .402 Fury Star Tip 2 fits the bore.......This might be a wicked rifle. If the actual weight is under 7lbs i will be really interested.

Last edited:
Is knight working on a 40.one in ultra lite would be very interesting

Good to see.
The Knight Peregrine is 40 1:16
40cal is legal for deer in over 1/2 our states.

Like Toytruck said, here in VA rules state it must be 45 cal or larger and then says:

Only muzzleloading firearms .45 caliber or larger loaded (propellant and projectile) from the muzzle of the gun.
Muzzleloading firearms must be single shot, capable of firing only a single bullet or saboted bullet (.35 caliber or larger).

So maybe they will change that to say 40 cal with .35 or larger bullet.

John

Cant wait to see what just the rifle sells for. 40cal is legal here for deer. I think they got the twist wrong but...........

Really want to see the actual bore specs too. Is it .408 or .416 based lands/grooves?

I could really see this one with a ASG LRMP module plug upgrade. Sure hope they did something with that huge slot in the firing pin bushing or they are in for a rude awakening. 40cal can make some serious peak pressure with BH209. Easily over 30kpsi.

BTW from the posts ive seen. 120grV of BH209 is enough to break 2300fps in a 40cal. Pretty sure a 250gr will get going that fast and a 300gr can hit 2200fps+. Thats 405Win performance but with a much higher BC bullet. So as long as a .402 Fury Star Tip 2 fits the bore.......This might be a wicked rifle. If the actual weight is under 7lbs i will be really interested.
It is wrong twist

Latest posts

Back