Blue Diamond Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Discovered four of these bullets whilst trying to 'organize' the work bench. They had good terminal performance when captured; seemed it would be good to check accuracy. First shot was from cold clean barrel.

It was so cold the fingers felt like they were freezing; they didn't. The nice thing is there was zero breeze, zero mud, and zero bugs.

BULLET: Berry's Blue Diamond Muzzle Loader 250g Bullet
POWDER : 95 grain Blackhorn
WAD : Poly Wad
PRIMER : Federal 209A
RIFLE : 45 Caliber Omega -- Bestill' breech plug

IMG_5284.JPG

What is the actual size of the Blue Diamond bullet? My 45 bores are rather tight but ive got a .451 sizing die that has worked ok sofar.

Don't remember, Scott. Don't have any left to measure. Perhaps something larger than 0.451", and smaller than 0.452".

Do know they are very easy to size. They don't spring back ever. The reason there were four left on the bench, is because they were sized too small. Knurled them so they were too large, and resized them to fit the Omega barrel, and shot them today.

Both 45 rifles here, need bullets sized smaller than 0.451". Something like 0.4504" or even smaller. Surprises me the Ultra-Lite barrel is a miniscule smaller than the Omega barrel.

Me, i don't enjoy fighting to get bullets down to the powder; refuse to struggle.

These blue diamond bullets seem to expand, and hold together like deep curl bullets, but may be more accurate?

I have 2 barrels@ .450 as best i can measure. Even a .4505 wont go down those without serious effort. A .4495 goes down too easy. My Mountaineer though is over .4505 but less than .451. In that bore a .451 will go down without struggling. Im guessing that bore is .4507-.4508 on the lands.

How well the 250gr plated Blue Diamond held up is rather impressive. The rifling marks are well pronouced in the pic on the other topic. I bet guys with 1-30s would have no problem getting them to shoot sabotless.

I bet guys with 1-30s would have no problem getting them to shoot sabotless.

Agree. Also, the bullet is very easily sized down to fit the small tight barrels. Also, the bullet can be carried whilst hunting without fear it will spring back, and not go down the barrel when one attempts to reload.

Back