Blue Dots 2006 Hog Stories/Pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll second what Bob just said. Thanks Scott,,,you're the BEST! I think we ALL had a blast.... :wink:

i HAD A GREAT TIME!. My legs beg to differ though :shock:

Great guys and I think all had a great time!...... I know some of you guys got pics of my little piggy. Id be grateful if you would email me a few.. Good Jokes, good food, ( well other than that stuff you make from scraps), good hunt and just plain old good fun.....

just got in had more fun then should have been allowed!!!! clint hope all maded it homme safe .

Loggy, that is one fine looking hog you got there my friend. But looking at the picture I couldn't tell who looked more tired, you or the hog. :lol:

I think you are finally starting to see the light Larry regarding .451 connicals. Who said you can't teach an ole dog new tricks. :lol: :lol: Seriously, as you know hogs can take some punishment, especially if they harrased and they have their blood pumping. Next time you take that big cannon of yours on a hunt, use those big heavy 495 gr Trash Cans that Bob makes and leave those puny 460gr NE for deer or chipmunks!! :lol:

You did good my friend, now I can't wait to hear from Super91 and Batchief.

big6x6 said:
So Bat, Bob...Loggy the only one to get a hoggy? :lol:

Yep :oops:

On Saturday that is! 8)

Everybody tagged out on Sunday. Dave and I were the last ones. Everybody headed back to camp with their piggies and Dave & I still hunted to the pond from the bottoms. Just as the group drove away the sky opened up and it poured. I'm really glad that I went and bought rain gear! :lol: Dave hid under a pine tree while I continued to still hunt. We met up at the pond and Dave saw 2 smaller ones. It was thundering and the sky was getting dark so we decided not to hold out for any larger ones take these. :oops: :cry: I saw a pic of a good sized hog that was shot in December and was hoping to hold out for one that size. :wink:

Dave was in a better position to take the first one (I didn't want to take a traditional texas heart shot with the pig laying down), which he did with his .44 pistol. Since I spent considerable range time getting the gun to group @ 100 Yds, I was confident that I could make a longer shot than the 25 Yds that Dave shot his at. So, I downed my pig at 24 feet with one well placed Barnes .458 dia 350 gr "X" bullet. RW, the pig was hit in the same spot as I hit the pig last year, with the same results. 8)

After hearing some talk around the "kitchen" table, I think I might have a couple of things in the works for next year. :wink:

I hope everybody got home safely, and that nobody was affected by the storms that hit Sunday night.

I gotta leave for work in about 5 1/2 hrs., so pics and more tales will have to wait 'till tomorrow.

Thanks everybody for making the hunt a success and a very enjoyable one at that!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
big6x6 said:
So Bat, Bob...Loggy the only one to get a hoggy? :lol:

RW, the pig was hit in the same spot as I hit the pig last year, with the same results.

Did you manage a nifty "X" coming out on the other side like before as well? :?:

[/quote]
Did you manage a nifty "X" coming out on the other side like before as well? :?:[/quote]

Yep! :lol: I tried to recover the bullet 'cause I saw where it hit the ground on the other side of the hog but when I found the impact site it seems to have skipped off of the muddy, rocky clay and ended up somewhere in Georgia. :wink:
Blue-Dot-37.5

Gundude said:
i HAD A GREAT TIME!. My legs beg to differ though :shock:

It ain't like sitting in a duck blind, huh? :lol: Glad to meet ya!

Hey, are you feeling better? I thought I heard you coughing up a lung Monday morning?? :shock: Must be that thin mountain air? :lol:

Let me get off a note to Susie, then download all the pics.

Blue-Dot-37.5

oooooh.... cant wait for the pics!!

:lol: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :D

bluedot.jpg

Copy and place the link in your signature with Image tags on both ends.

bluedot.jpg

Remove the spaces. I know I'm missing a name, if you have it PM me and I'll add it to the pic.

I'll get our groups names while I'm down there. Since the first group didn't get the weights we'll call it a tie and both teams get a banner.

Hey guys!

Scott ( blue dot ) sent me a pile of pics to post from the hoghunt!! I hope to have them all uploaded and ready for viewing by morning!

I'll keep ya posted!

JJ

Doohan said:
Hey guys!

Scott ( blue dot ) sent me a pile of pics to post from the hoghunt!! I hope to have them all uploaded and ready for viewing by morning!

I'll keep ya posted!

JJ

I figured there was a bottleneck SOMEWHERE! :lol:

GUNDUDE-

Proudly dispays his peacemaker and a pretty big oinker!!

1.jpg

GUNDUDE-

Proudly dispays his peacemaker and a pretty big oinker!!

YES! That is one really nice looking hog, gundude! Looks as if he put it right where it needed to go too! :yeah:

Back