Blue Dots 2006 Hog Stories/Pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image002.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image014.jpg

image016.jpg

image017.jpg

image019.jpg

image020.jpg

image022.jpg

image023.jpg

image026.jpg

Look at the color of Loggy's face in that picture! :shock: Think that experience might have raised the old blood pressure a little? :)

Congrats to all you bacon blasters!

Hey Jimmy!!! I was just getting ready to post these!!!

Thanks for the help!

See you in c-ville!!

some real nice pictures of the sheep and such.. Sure is some pretty country down there.

Hey Scott!

Did you shoot that ram with your .257 Weatherby? That looks like a Mark V there..

Chuck:

Yes I did. I played around with the handloads and got it dialed in @ 300 Yds. I shot a 1" group at that distance right before I left. I had a great solid rest and had the rams in the crosshairs for 20 minutes at distances from 250 to 350 Yds, but I didn't have a clean shot. I didn't want to duplicate RW's feat from last year, so when they walked out of sight over a slight rise, I scrambled from my position and dashed back to the woods. I pulled a small stalk after I could see where they were headed, and had to wait again for a clear shot. They started walking single file, and I ended up shooting the ram at 24 yds. :shock: Dave shot his Texas Dall @ 174 Yds from the pop-up blind that's in one pic. I took the pic of the blind from where his ram was laying.

I wish that it was a Mark V! It's a Wally World special - Stainless Vanguard with tupperware stock. I did free-float the barrel and pillar bed the action tho... :wink:

Dave is holding my Corsican Ram, I wanted to get a pic of the curl and the only pics I had with me holding it was a frontal view.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Great pics of Rams & Hogs!!!!

Looked forward for so long to Hunt & hard to believe it is already past. Sure glad such fine memories remain!!!! :D

:D Never meeting any of you guys before & after just sharing one hunt together I feel like we are all old friends. Hope we can continue this tradition for many years ahead!!!!!!!

Here's a couple of pics of Daves and my hog in the back of Daniel's Pick-up. I think I'll do a LOT of still hunting next year and wait to spank a bigger one. :lol:
59a3cc21.jpg

ef15dff8.jpg

I can't wait to see how the other group fared!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Here's a couple of pics of Daves and my hog in the back of Daniel's Pick-up. I think I'll do a LOT of still hunting next year and wait to spank a bigger one. :lol:
59a3cc21.jpg

ef15dff8.jpg

I can't wait to see how the other group fared!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Nice Hogs there Scott & Dave!!!!! If you shoot bigger next year ole Daniel may have to upgrade that ole chevy from half ton to a 2500 or 3/4 Ton to haul the pork out!!!! :lol: :lol:

Back