Blue Dot's Hog Hunt Breakfast

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Via PM... Scott & I were discussing breakfast Goodies. I think we all want to have something delicious. Heres what we are kicking around.

I was thinking about brains but likely few would eat. I have a good source for some great PA Dutch Style Scrapple which contains pork skin, pork heart, pork liver, pork tongue - even pork brains!! A local butcher makes it. Floured up & fried its yummy to say the least! Its the best of both culinary worlds....good stuff plus looks yummy too!!! Hard to get both when dealing with Hog parts! :lol:

Its much more easier on the eye than staight brains & likely much easier to talk the faint of stomach into eating. I plan fry up a batch & Scott may bring some eggs etc. I like syrup on my scrapple so I will bring some along.

Anyone else have any suggestions for Breakfast??

Likely evening we can go to a local restaurant. I think Saturday is catered.

Will try to honor requests on syrup outside of Diet, Low Fat or Low Carb Syrups!!!! :lol: :lol:

I've got about 1/2 gallon of real maple syrup, not from a store either, that I'll bring. The catered dinner IS Saturday evening.

What else do you need me to bring? (besides the eggs that is).

I could bring a ham from last years pig too. I had them done at the end of 2005. I also have venison ham, some jalapeno & cheese deer sticks and venison summer sausage. :yeah: :partyman: :drool:

Who's bringing the crackers & cheese?

Blue-Dot-37.5

hi will go to amish cheese shop pickup a good asortment clint

Loggy, if I were a member of your hunting party the only suggestion I make is that you eat breakfast alone. :mrgreen:

RAZORBACK said:
Loggy, if I were a member of your hunting party the only suggestion I make is that you eat breakfast alone. :mrgreen:

Del,
Nothing wrong with a lil peace & quiet!! :lol: :lol:

Loggy,,,is that scrapple any better than the stuff the groceries in Pa. sell?? We can't get it here (thank God) but the stuff we got during bear season was,,,,well,,,,,,,there ain't enough syrup..... :cry: Let's just say I'd be willing to try the fried hog brains. :shock:

Batchief909 said:
Let's just say I'd be willing to try the fried hog brains. :shock:

O.K Batcheif909, your in! Loggy, that makes 3 of us. :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Chief, the scrapple I will bring is from a local butcher shop which uses only the finest ingredients. There are NO Preservatives added that are harmful to your health. Top shelf stuff. :lol:

I can bring a side order of brains along as a back-up & will fry-up in your own pan for serving..sorta like your own Personal Pan Pizza! :lol:

Maybe we should set-up a Poll.... Brains VS Scrapple. I can get both. :lol:

Due to limited Shelf life on Brains though it will take some advance lead time prior to transport ... like fish, the fresher the better. :lol:

clint said:
hi will go to amish cheese shop pickup a good asortment clint

Sounds great Clint! Sounds like we will be at least well fed before venturing out into those TN Hog Hills lookin for that Big Hog! :lol:

Aren't you guys glad your not going the week earlier???? If you ask nicely, I'm sure Loggy will freeze it for you so you can have it when you arrive?? :lol:

Nothing better than waking up to the smell of fresh hog brains in the morning. If anything, it'll get you up, dressed and out in the car waiting to go hunting. :lol: :lol:

Ed

big6x6 said:
I'm thinking a Western Omelet and some hash browns! :D

FYI. There is a Crossville Crackie Barrel just off Rt. 40 for those who want to eat just like your back home with your pancakies, hashie browns & western omli's. :lol:

edmehlig said:
Aren't you guys glad your not going the week earlier???? If you ask nicely, I'm sure Loggy will freeze it for you so you can have it when you arrive?? :lol:

Nothing better than waking up to the smell of fresh hog brains in the morning. If anything, it'll get you up, dressed and out in the car waiting to go hunting. :lol: :lol:

Ed

Ed, the Lancaster County culinary musta migrated at least as far East as Easton!! Your comment on smell was a givaway! :lol:

Scrapple for Sat breakfast, the smart food for Sunday? That'd be the freshest, right?

Blue-Dot-37.5

big6x6 said:
I'm thinking a Western Omelet and some hash browns! :D

I prefer the western scramble. :wink: No need for hash browns with that.

Latest posts

Back