Blue Dot's Hog Hunt Breakfast

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was doin' okay until someone mentioned the "smell" part... :shock: But that's okay,,,I'll try anything once. But don't accuse me of baiting the hogs later.... :oops:

Ya'll sure are making Grouse feel guilty about not cooking breakfast for US! :D I bet we can talk him into it! Its certainly not JJs turn!

Man... I hope that pig brain thing is a Loggy thing and not a PA thing! :puke:

Scrapple,Hog brains.......all these years I was thinking that chitlins and collard greens was the botom of the culinary barrel.

Learn something every day!!

Grouse said:
Patrick White said:
No need for hash browns with that.

Homefries Pat :idea: :lol:

Nope. The hash browns are part of a western scramble. It's a western omelet and hash browns but all scrambled together. Add a little salsa and you have some good eating. Though it does sorta look like vomit. :shock: :lol:

Chief, we always have the option of fryin up the brains on the RV's range just outside main Lodge. You would lose much of the experience though! :lol:

Tomorrow night I will get buy my butcher to check on what days he butchers Hogs & set-up best pick-up time. He also carries pickled tongue & feet which goes down good with a couple cold ones. Just thinkin past breakfast! :lol:

NOTICE: ALL BREAKFAST MUST FULLY CONSUMED WITHIN LODGES DOMAIN. THERE WILL BE NO BOX BREAKFASTS PACKED FOR CONSUMPTION TO & FROM HUNT OR WHILE ON STAND DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS.

THE BLUEDOT CROSSVILLE BREAKFAST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

I'm glad you guys are going the weekend before us. I have a weak stomach. :puke:

Loggy said:
NOTICE: ALL BREAKFAST MUST FULLY CONSUMED WITHIN LODGES DOMAIN. THERE WILL BE NO BOX BREAKFASTS PACKED FOR CONSUMPTION TO & FROM HUNT OR WHILE ON STAND DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS.

THE BLUEDOT CROSSVILLE BREAKFAST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

If the scrapple and hog brains are still on the menu I fully understand the
"no carry outs" policy.

However, an assumption that the lodge has indoor plumbing would preclude such an event and negate the need for such a policy.

As structured as our society is some things still have a way of taking care of themselves without rules or policies!

edmehlig said:
Pat you're right, but just be carefull where you guys walk! :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the pigs will clean up any mess outside. :shock: :lol:

Grouse said:
Patrick White said:
It's a western omelet and hash browns but all scrambled together.

In Pa that's called a mess. :shock:

Yeah, but it's a tasty mess!

good.jpg

I substituted potato chunks for the shredded potato used for hashbrowns. Also, I forgot to mention that there's no cheese in a Western Scramble unlike an omelet. It's scrambled eggs, potato, peppers, and onion. Add a tall glass of OJ and you've got a good breakfast.

Latest posts

Back