breachplug question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadbreak

Reaction score
i just bought a new T/C omega and the salesman recomended a type of threadtape for the plug rather than grease.does anyone else use this,does it work or did he give me bad info??

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get the pink Teflon tape. Save that excess money to buy powder! :lol:

Loadbreak welcome to the forum. It is good to have you here.

Yes, a lot of people use the T/C pink tape or the use simple white Teflon Plumbers tape. This is to help the breech plug release after being shot. You can also use an anti seize grease on it and it will do the same thing. I personally use a combination of the two. I like to know that plug is going to come out at the end of the day.

The reason a lot of them use the tape is there is less mess...

i get it.i work around the house also.and wouldnt the grease be the same as regular old antiseize that you use on a truck?THANKS

I use the white TEFLON tape you can pick it up at any hardware or walmart
But I also aply a thin layer of grease.

Yes the regular truck anti seize you apply to certain auto bolts to insure that they will be able to be removed at a later date will work just fine...

I like to use Slick 50 one grease. I just started using it, and it works great.

i have other questions.should i put them in another post so everyone can see or just keep going?

What ever you like. You can make a new post or just ask away. We will try to answer them as we find them..

OK 1)250gr shockwave 2 50gr pellets of 777 deadon at 100yds what can i expect at 150? 2)i have stainless barell is ther anything special i need to do to keep it clean or from rusting?

Latest posts

Back