building a kentucky pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddoubles

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am trying to finish a  traditions flintlock kentucky pistol build kit that i started 23 years ago! yes 23 years ago my father bought me this kit when i was 15 i am now 38 and want to finish it. I just received a couple screws i was missing. I have never fired a flintlock anything so this is all new to me. I have to fit and sand out quite a bit of wood still to make the barrel fit correctly so my question is the hole in the side of the barrel where the pan sits next to to ignite the powder inside the barrel should the bottom of the pan and the bottom of the hole be even or should the pan be about half way up from the bottom of the hole? I want to get proper ignition and i imagine this is very critical. Thank you for any help and input

23 years... And, a Kentucky. FUN. Looking forward to seeing it. Or, the process. Or, where you are now. I am not as much help as some others will be.

Latest posts

Back