I started on the kit a couple of days ago, just couldn't wait any longer! The first thing I tackled was fitting the patent breech to the barrel. In the fitting process I eventually filed enough metal off the breech face of the barrel to turn the patent breech approximately two flats past the initial tight fit. I recommend taking great care in this filing process to maintain the trueness of the barrel face. I painted the face of the patent breech with Dykem to indicate when the face had bottomed out, in order to insure a tight seal. Once the patent breech was properly seated, I began the process of "prettying up" the castings, which of course translates to lots of filing. Fortunately the castings are very nice in quality, it makes the job much easier. First I used a jeweler's saw to add definition to the very top of the flash guard , probably not necessary however it helped me maintain it's integrity. I also sketched on some makings with a Sharpie to help remind me of the some lines I wanted to maintain. After the filing was all finished (at this stage at least) I used a cold chisel to make a couple of witness marks. These will be useful for properly aligning the breech when it is removed and replaced in the future. The bottom face of the "snail" will have to be filed the next time I have the patent breech off the barrel. Then I filed the underside of the tang to remove the casting marks and seams.