Bullet Option For Knight 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for bullet options for my Knight Disc .45 with 1-20 twist. I tried a Hornady SST .452 but it was very loose going down the barrel. I will be trying the Lehigh .458 as I was told by another member here that bullet works well with his Knight Disc 45. He said that bullet goes down without the need to run it through a die.

I'm looking for other options to try, with or without the need to size.

I have a mountaineer 45 1-20, and the bullets have to be sized to .451. Good luck.

Fury bullets size well; stay sized; are quite accurate. The 265 stb is 0.453" so may work for you.

To me, it doesn't seem like there is any way a 0.458 bullet can work.

Get Ed Mehlig to send you a few of his 350 gr Gould conicals to try they shoot real good in my Knight .45 w/BH209.. 70 gr with over powder veg wad with very firm loading pressure.
I can send you some to try if you would like.

I have been using the 458x260 Lehigh Sabotless in both of my Super DISC's. They shoot extremely well from the rifles.

45-260-Sabotless.jpg

Remembering that this bullet was created for custom 45's using a true 45-70 barrel, it can be difficult to get the bullets through the crown of the Super DISC's with the shallow grooves of a true ML bore. But, once through the crown, pushing them down through the bore is not a problem. For myself I have created what I call a "bump stick", really a cheap short started to get the bullets through the crown. I also have re-sized them to .454 by running them through an inexpensive Lee Press and die.

This is my bump stick along side a somewhat normal short starter.

SS-BS.jpg

Bump-Stick.jpg

They really do shoot well

458-260-Sabotless-Target.jpg

This is a ballistic sheet computed after shooting through chrono

458-260-3x-PBR.jpg

Hope some of this might be helpfull.

Get Ed Mehlig to send you a few of his 350 gr Gould conicals to try they shoot real good in my Knight .45 w/BH209.. 70 gr with over powder veg wad with very firm loading pressure.
I can send you some to try if you would like.
Thank you for your offer, very nice of you. I will keep your offer in mind if I can't get the Fury or the Lehigh's to shoot.

Latest posts

Back