bullet storage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just a quick question. how do you guys store your bulk bullets and sabots, ive been looking around for some sort of case so i can store bullet and sabot individually instead of banging around in a bag figured id find the answer here

For .58 minies, I use small 8-compartment parts boxes = Harbor Freight/Hobby Lobby - depending on what they have. Others go into factory bullet boxes as I use up contents. Shrink-wrap (hard plastic) packaging sucks.

The MTM cases work really well as a lot of folks on here can attest. You can look directly on their website and it will help you with dimensions. I even bought their large case meant for super magnum cartridges to keep my pre measured powder tubes in. It doesn’t have enough room to fill every compartment but I can easily fit enough for a range trip and I don’t have to worry about them rolling around or getting cluttered up when I use them. Curious if anyone has any good ideas for powder tube storage. I think my system works but it could be better. It’s certainly better than the ziplocks I was using

You may like the plastic two-piece shotshell boxes. 12 gauge might be small depending on your charge tube size/type but 10 gauge ones are a bit larger. Easy to store, good protection. My charge tubes have caps that make them too large for the 12 Ga boxes.

Another alternative.
Midway sells styrofoam inserts and boxes.
I’m almost out of my 2nd case of 100, over the years. I reuse them and gave given many away - lol.
The 2 sizes for 45 pistol, I believe.
Boxes:
#CB-07 (long conicals) photo
#CB-08 (1/4” shorter)
1B87F961-7F8F-443A-9857-69355531A954.jpeg

Back