Buying Bulk Barnes Expanders?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super 91

Reaction score
So far I cannot find a place to buy just the Barnes bullets without the sabots. Anyone know of a place? How about a bullet that is all copper that may be similar to the Barnes? I'm playing with some gun/bullet combos and need some 250-300 grain .451 diameter bullets in all copper configs.

I have looked for exactly the same thing in 200 grains (like the old Knight Red Hots) a few years ago. I got lucky when Barnes finally came out with the 200 grain 45 cal 460 S&W bullet. They have another one in 275 grain for that cartridge; would that work for you? At one time SMI was able to get Barnes to run modest bulk quantities for them, but I think not anymore. They wouldn't do anything special for me either. I'm going from memory, but I think they want something like 5,000 pieces as a minimum bulk order. The only other source for an all-copper bullet that I know of is Magtech 225 grain, but it is only in loaded ammo.

Thanks. I gave them a call but they only had the usual 15 and 24 packs and they were with sabots. It's a shame you have to buy the whole enchelada when you only want the beans...... :(

Bob....if you get a line on some.....share....ok?

BTW my nephew LOVES his Elite. Thanks again.

Looked a little closer and all I could find was Barnes XPB, box of 20, 250gr., .451 for $16.28 a box.

Super 91 said:
So far I cannot find a place to buy just the Barnes bullets without the sabots. Anyone know of a place? How about a bullet that is all copper that may be similar to the Barnes? I'm playing with some gun/bullet combos and need some 250-300 grain .451 diameter bullets in all copper configs.

Bob, the Barnes XPB line is all copper nearly the same bullet as the expander.

Latest posts

Back