CCI #10 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My father is having a problem with his ML. The #11 cap will not stay on the nipple, The Ml is a traditions and the nipple is only available from them. They reccomended the Nobel 1075 cap however we can not find them here in NY, and paying hazmat on shipping them is not worth it. I have seen it suggested to others on this site to use a #10 cap since they are smaller. My bass pro has the CCI #10 caps in stock, I'm wondering if they will ignite loose T7 reliably?

I have shot T-7 in my black powder revolver, and the #10 caps ignited it just fine. That is all I can tell you. I wonder why a Traditions rifle needs a Traditions cap. I use RMC stainless nipples on my Tradition Rifles.

Hornet22savage said:
My father is having a problem with his ML. The #11 cap will not stay on the nipple, The Ml is a traditions and the nipple is only available from them. They reccomended the Nobel 1075 cap however we can not find them here in NY, and paying hazmat on shipping them is not worth it. I have seen it suggested to others on this site to use a #10 cap since they are smaller. My bass pro has the CCI #10 caps in stock, I'm wondering if they will ignite loose T7 reliably?
So long as the cap fits flush with the nipple you should have zero issues with it ignighting it.

I've got some nipples here that are undersized and use number10 caps and they ignight both 777 and Pyrodex dandy.

Thanks for that infomation esactly what I wanted to hear. The gun is an inline that has a two piece BP design. The plug it's self looks normal about an inch inch and a half long. The nipple for caps or the adapter for 209 primers are about an inch long each thats why the replacments are Traditions specific.

Latest posts

Back