• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CCI #11 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, ether they ant making any or something is interfering with the availability because the Government or any war goin on has no use for a cap that I know of, could be lack of materials but those darn things are as scarce as Hens teeth! If they don't show up soon theirs gonna be a lot of Purdy paperweights laying around.
Just go to 22reloader.com buy the stuff and make you own they work Great. Just when you get their kit add a 1 ounce tube of duco cement to 10 ounces of acetone to drip into the cap after you put the stuff makes the powder stay in really great and makes them work even better

I can’t believe these things are going for 12 bucks a pack. Around Covid time I bought 5 packs for my pietta cap and ball. I still got them thank goodness. Purchase price was 6 or 7 bucks. The fact that they cost more than modern primers is horrible.

I will check my lgs in central michigan and see what the stock status is. I could of sworn I saw them somewhere for 8 bucks and walked away.

Perhaps it’s a good time to buy a flint lock?

I can’t believe these things are going for 12 bucks a pack. Around Covid time I bought 5 packs for my pietta cap and ball. I still got them thank goodness. Purchase price was 6 or 7 bucks. The fact that they cost more than modern primers is horrible.

I will check my lgs in central michigan and see what the stock status is. I could of sworn I saw them somewhere for 8 bucks and walked away.

Perhaps it’s a good time to buy a flint lock?
Yes I have to agree with you flint lock has been looking better and better to me as well

I saw a video a while back where since the shortages (like decades) much of the primers and caps are only in production for maybe 2 weeks a year. Of this, priority goes to the largest buyer, then trickles down with size of order. Pretty similar with loaded ammo. I would bet, homeland securety, DOD, etc are consistently the top, then the largest online sporting goods, some clubs who pool for shipment, and the LGS probably ends up buying from bigger distributors, thus exhausting available stock and driving prices up. Supply and demand... The manufacturers working on full production just cannot keep up with demand. legal battles and taxes have shut doors on many huge industry names, some have come back under a new ownership or location, but this also contributes to production delays. Laws on imports have also come into play here. Its a constant barrage of attack on production, and/or import, coupled with ever increasing demand

I am just about to the point of moving my cap poppers down the road to a new home. I am on the fence, i need to pick-up 1 thousand this year. I am already fixing to build a TN. MTN. rock sparker this Winter.

This morning I was wandering the aisles of my local Walmart and chanced by the black powder supplies shelf. Surprisingly, there were no. 11 caps there at $5.62 a tin.
I made a trip myself today after some Lucus gear oil. I passed through the sporting area and they had a dozen or more tins.

Our Walmart doesn't have any gun stuff at all. Most of our LGS don't carry muzzleloader supplies. I need to get out of this fricken city sooner than later.

Our Walmart doesn't have any gun stuff at all. Most of our LGS have no muzzleloader supplies. I need to get out of this fricken city sooner than later.
That the same way it is here in southeast Texas no BP supplies around anywhere

Only seasonal at my Walmart. Kind of proves what I have suspected. Prices don’t need to be as high as the are they ARE taking advantage of consumers. If I see them at a good price I will stockpile and sell at cost for my Michiganders.

For those interested in small pistol primers I just got this in. Came to $88 shipped to my location. Interestingly enough no hazmat fee. Available at Norma shooting.

IMG_0859.png

Last edited:
This morning I was wandering the aisles of my local Walmart and chanced by the black powder supplies shelf. Surprisingly, there were no. 11 caps there at $5.62 a tin. View attachment 35848
Not in any Walmart near me, they stopped selling Guns and sporting goods like this several years back! Glad you found some they are kind of hard to get sometimes.

Latest posts

Back